Daystar H-Alpha Eyepiece-Filter QUARK Prominence
Daystar Instruments QUARK is the first Hydrogen Alpha "Eyepiece-Filter"
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar Hydrogen Alpha filter into one simple assembly.
For use on refractors of f/4 to f/9, the user needn´t worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.3x telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength.
The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It´s all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and cost. We even reduced power consumption, so the QUARK can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional Accu-pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656 nm wavelength.QUARK is available in a choice of "Prominence" or "Chromosphere"
Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences or surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price!Features:
- 1.25" or 2" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- For apertures over 80mm, suggest UV/IR application before diagonal for Energy Rejection.
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with brass compression ring to protect eyepiece
- Uses USB power, 5v 1.5 amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +- 0.5A with detents at every 0.1A
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
- 5 year warranty
- Optional 8-hour Accu-pack available
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.3x barlow optimized for 656 nm
- Integrated 12 mm blocking filter
- 21 mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with f/4 - f/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to 450 mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist Case for safe, dust free storage
- Not suited for off axis application
QUARK´s are qualified in a choice of Prominence or Chromosphere. Due to variation in the end user application, we cannot specify the precise FWHM of the filter. Instead, units of 0.8 - 0.6 are classified as PROMINENCE and units of 0.5 - 0.3 are classified as CHROMOSPHERE.
- QUARK Filtersystem
- Power Supply
- Storage Box
Daystar H-Alpha Eyepiece-Filter Quark Prominence