Starlight Instruments Feather Touch 2.5" focuser - 1.5" draw tube travel
Starlight Instruments Feather Touch FTF2515HD - 63 mm clear aperture (2.5")
This rack and pinion focuser is for all amateur astronomers who needs a bigger focuser than 2" which should be compact. The focuser especially offers a better illumination, needed for working with larger sensors. With only 38, the travel range is rather tight and therefore well suited for Newtonian telescopes where the draw tube should not protrude into the tube. Currently, this focuser is praised as a better alternative to 2" focusers.The advantages of the 2.5" Feather Touch focuser:
- 100% correct position of of the image plane - no tilting or bending
- Clear aperture of 63 mm, enough to illuminate full-frame sensors
- Best mechanical workmanship
- Internal baffles
- Gentle clamping by compression ring
- Robust housing - no bending
- 1:10 gear reduction for exact focusing
- free adaption to different telescope types (connection adapters can be found at the accessories recommendations)
- Brake for adjusting of the drag and clamping of the draw tube
- Rack and pinion, no friction - for even better transmission of power
- Brass gear rack and hardened stainless steel gear wheels ensures precise adjustment even under maximum load
- Helical gears for smooth motion
- Screw-on extension tubes (see recommended acessories)
connection adapters to the telescope are not included in the scope of delivery.
Connection adapters to the telescope are listed under "Accessories for mounts".
Eyepiece-side and camera-side adapters are listed under "Adaptors".
- Starlight FTF2525HD - Feather Touch 2,5" focuser - 1,5" draw tube travel
The FTF2515HD is a high-end focuser for Newtonian telescopes which are equipped with larger correctors for astrophotography.