Starlight Instruments Feather Touch 2.5" focuser - 2.5" draw tube travel
Starlight Instruments Feather Touch FTF2525HD - 63 mm clear aperture (2.5")
This rack and pinion focuser is for all amateur astronomers who needs a bigger focuser than 2" which should be compact. The focuser especially offers a better illumination, needed for working with larger sensors. With 63.5 mm, the travel range is generous. Currently, this focuser is praised as a better alternative to 2" focusers.The advantages of the 2.5" Feather Touch focuser:
- 100% correct position of of the image plane - no tilting or bending
- Clear aperture of 63 mm, enough to illuminate full-frame sensors
- Best mechanical workmanship
- Internal baffles
- Gentle clamping by compression ring
- Robust housing - no bending
- 1:10 gear reduction for exact focusing
- free adaption to different telescope types (connection adapters can be found at the accessories recommendations)
- Brake for adjusting of the drag and clamping of the draw tube
- Rack and pinion, no friction - for even better transmission of power
- Brass gear rack and hardened stainless steel gear wheels ensures precise adjustment even under maximum load
- Helical gears for smooth motion
- Screw-on extension tubes (see recommended acessories)
connection adapters to the telescope are not included in the scope of delivery.
Connection adapters to the telescope are listed under "Accessories for mounts".
Eyepiece-side and camera-side adapters are listed under "Adaptors".
In the box:
The FTF2525HD is a high-end focuser for telescopes which are equipped with larger correctors for astrophotography.