Moravian monochrome CCD Kamera G4-16000 - Sensor: D=52.2mm - 9µm - no filter wheel
Sensor: KAF-1683 - 36.9mm x 36.9mm - 9µm Pixel
The G4-16000 CCD camera from Moravian offers very good performance with almost all amateur telescopes for astrophotography. With 52.2 mm diameter, the camera can be used with stable focusers of at least 2.5" diameter and corresponding correctors. The resolution of 16 MPx and 9 µm pixel size allows imaging of relatively fine object details and a very large image field at the same time. The G4-16000 is an outstanding camera for virtually all high-class amateur telescopes.
Configure your Moravian camera via the CUSTOMIZE YOUR PRODUCT list
Here you can decide which filter wheel etc. you want. Please note that the Moravian filter wheels are not easy to retrofit. Camera and filter wheel have to be matched at Moravian. In return, you get an optimized unit readily usable in a fitting case.
Features and advantages of the G4-16000 cameras:
- Easy adaption to the telescope or the telephoto lens - suitable adapters can be found in the accessories section.
- Full-frame sensor - image field larger than with 35mm cameras
- Filter wheel for five or seven 50x50mm filters optionally available
- Mechanical shutter (optimal for darks)
- 2-stage Peltier cooling upt to 45 °C below ambient
- Exposure time from 200 ms to any longer time
- Camera sensor KAF-16803 with high sensitivity (quantum efficiency up to 60% - good sensitivity also in the red spectral range)
- Square aspect ratio 36.9 x 36.9 mm - for fine illumination from 2.5" connection and upwards
Adaption to the telescope:
The G4-16000 monochrome camera is delivered with M68x1 (Zeiss level) connection at the telescope side. The distance of the female M68 thread to the camera sensor is 30.5 mm. Of course, we can provide the camera with a connector for Canon lenses.
Operation with external filter wheel - suitable for unmounted 50x50 mm filters: We recommend to order the filter wheel CCD-EFW-4M-5 or CCD-EFW-4L-7 directly together with the camera, so Moravian can mount and also adapt it electronically. The filter wheel is directly screwed to the camera. Now the working distance is 33.5 mm + 14 mm of the M68x1 adapter.
Use of an off-axis guider: Now you can adapt a suitable off-axis guider. We recommend the TSOAGM68 which directly fits to the M68 thread of the camera or the filter wheel.
In the box:
- Transport case with matching foam inserts
- SIMS Software Camera head
- Connection adapter (if not chosen, we deliver M68)
- Power supply with approx. 1.8 m cable
- USB 2.0 cable, approx. 5
- CD-ROM with all drivers and manuals
- Printed manual
Moravian Mono CCD Camera G4-16000 - Sensor: D=52.2mm - 9µm - no filterwheel