This scope is a great alternative to simple achromatic refractors but also to very expensive ED and APO refractors. One of the better objective lenses, with a better color correction than a common achromat. For the lenses of the 2-element objective, K9 and F4 were used. The lens is made very precisely, so that even at high magnifications the image hardly shows any color aberrations. The chromatic aberration, which is a blue border around bright stars or lunar craters, is barely visible. Of course, both lenses have a broadband multi-coating on the surfaces. The lens is mounted on an adjustable and temperature compensated aluminum cell.
The 2.5" focuser of the Individual 152mm has a large free inner diameter and an focus travel range from 100mm. Furthermore 1:11 micro gear, 360° rotation, ball bearings and M63 connection thread.
- Achromatic objective, doublet with multi-coatings
- Aperture 152mm, focal lenght 900mm, f/5.9
- Solid OTA
- Stable 2" focuser with 1:11 micro gear and reduction to 2" / 1¼"
- Optical tube 152/900mm doublet lens
- 2" focuser with 1¼" reduction, 1:11 micro gear
- CNC Tube rings
- Dovetail Vixen compatible
A great alternative to simple achromat refractors but also to very expensive ED and APO refractors.