TS Optics 2.5" Wynne Newtonian coma corrector for large sensors
Massimo Riccardi designed a perfectly working 3 element coma corrector for Newtonian telescopes. The corrector has a backfocus of nearly 67 mm up to 71 mm which is perfectly enough for DSLR cameras but also for imaging trains of CCD cameras, off-axis guiders and filterwheels.Working distance
Working distance from the 65mm thread of the corrector, depending on the focal length.
Required backfocus / focuser
- Focal length 600mm: working distance 66mm
- Focal length 800mm: working distance 68mm
- Focal length 1000mm: working distance 69.5mm
- Focal length 1200mm: working distance 69.75mm
- Focal length 1500mm: working distance 70.5mm
- Focal length 1800mm: working distance 71mm
Due to the length of the corrector the Newtonian need a focus position lying 170 mm above the tube wal. It is therefore necessary that the corrector disappears inside the focuser drawtube, which means that the drawtube inner diameter must be at least 62.4 mm.
Adaptions to M68 or M48 threads
For small and medium sized sensors the adaption to M48/2" filterthread is enough. For bigger sensors we suggest the professional ZEISS Level M68x1 thread.
Fits Newtonian telescopes from 8" aperture or bigger with focal ratio from f3 to f6