Asterion Ecliptica PRO 55 - Platform up to 12" Dobsonians - 52° bis 58° Latitude
A Dobsonian telescope convinces with easy handling. Just set it up and start - pure viewing joy! If it weren´t for this inconvenient pushing and if the object would stay in the field of view even at high magnification.
Asterion´s EQ platform is the solution: Simply place your Dobsonian on the platform, switch on the motor and now the object stays in the middle of the eyepiece. You can easily observe even at high magnification and fully focus on the object. Even photography of the moon and planets becomes possible.
The platform drives your Dobsonian for about an hour, then it has to be put back. But this is easily and quickly done - lift the telescope a little and push it back.
The operation of the platform is very simple:
- Set up the platform as level as possible. The built-in spirit level will help you. On soft ground you should put something underneath to prevent sinking.
- Align the platform in north-south direction. The drive motor must point to the south, the circle segment to the north. A compass or an app on a smartphone is sufficient for the alignment.
- Place your Dobsonian on the platform and switch on the tracking (N stands for northern hemisphere - S stands for southern hemisphere). Now you can start observing or photographing.
Applications of the Dobsonian platform:
- Tracking for your Dobson telescope (up to 50 kg) for visual observation.
- Also suitable for alt-azimuth mounted binoculars and spotting scopes. The mount or photo tripod only has to be fixed well on the platform.
- Photography of moon and planets is possible.
- The platform is not designed for imaging nebulae, star clusters and galaxies. For this purpose, we recommend equatorial mounts, we will be glad to advise you.
General information about the Asterion Ecliptica PRO platform:
Asterion Ecliptica Pro is a stable, compact and easy to use equatorial platform. It was developed from the lighter Ecliptica platform and carries Dobsonian telescopes up to approx. 50 kg total weight.
The telescope is simply placed on the platform. Now you can follow the celestial object for about one hour. At the same time, the full functionality of the Dobsonian mount is maintained. You can move the tube freely by pointing the telescope into different parts of the sky, the tracking will work.
Scope of Delivery:
- Dobsonian Platform Ecliptica Light
- Electrical drive (batteries user supplied)
Compact and portable equatorial platform - motorized tracking for your Dobsonian telescope and for spotting scopes and cameras on photo tripods - ideal for comfortable observation and even for simple astrophotography.