EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC OPTOLONG 1.25'' L-eNhance Deep-Sky Light Pollution Filter
L-eNhance Filter for deep sky nebula photography from the city
The relentless spread or urbanization and its associated light pollution have become a growing problem for all amateur astro photographers. The current solutions to the problem can be expensive and might include the purchase of a monochrome camera, several types of narrowband filters and a filter wheel. Especially with inexpensive newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats, the L-eNhance filters open up completely new possibilities for the capture of high-class astronomical images even out of the light polluted city. CMOS cameras can deliver images like monochrome cameras. This new generation of filters makes it possible to take amazing astrophotos directly from the light-polluted city with all its artificial light sources. The narrow bandpass for the wavelengths of O-III, H-Beta and H-Alpha and the almost complete attenuation of the interfering light sources of these new filters make this an ideal solution.
L-eNhance provides an economical and practical solution for amateurs. It is a tri-band pass filter which has been designed for DSLR (digital SLR), color CMOS and monochrome CCD cameras. The convenience and cost-effectiveness of this filter allows amateurs to take a rich selection of astronomical images, even in bright, heavily light-polluted areas. We believe the design of our L-eNhance filter is a technical innovation among filters. It effectively isolates the H-Alpha, H-Beta, and Oxygen III nebula emission lines and achieves a maximum transmission of up to 90%. The performance of this filter delivers images that superbly control the impact from light polluted skies.
Main Use and Performance
This new generation of filters makes it possible to take amazing astrophotos directly from the light-polluted city with all its artificial light sources. The narrow bandpass for the wavelengths of O-III, H-Beta and H-Alpha and the almost complete attenuation of the interfering light sources do not require very large or extremely expensive telescopes. No, especially with inexpensive newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats, these filters open up completely new possibilities for high-class astronomical images. Furthermore, with the help of these filters, CMOS colour cameras can deliver an image quality that comes close to CCD monochrome cameras.
WARNING: These nebula filters are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH THIS FILTER. You will go BLIND if you ignore this warning.
L-eNhance has a multiple anti-reflective coating on the optical substrate. The L-eNhance filter uses a precision coating based on ion deposition coating technology. This ensures durability and scratch resistance as well as stability on the CWL (central wavelength), which is not affected by temperature changes. Absolute precision and homogeneity of the coatings as well as maximum values for transmission in the passband and optical density in the off-band range are guaranteed for all filters.
- Professional photographic filter for astronomy
- Improves deep sky emission nebula photography
- Best choice for enhanced light pollution suppression
- For taking pictures also from highly light polluted areas
- Tri-band filter with high transmission for O-III, H-Beta and H-Alpha lines
- Does not require very large or extremely expensive telescopes
- Excellent results also with inexpensive newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats
- CMOS colour cameras can deliver an image quality that comes close to CCD monochrome cameras
- Balanced colour for a natural image
- Filter diameter: 1.25 inch / 31.7mm
- Connecting thread: M28,5 x 0,6mm (Eyepiece thread 1.25 inch)
- Selected optical glass material
- Spectrum: 300-1000nm
- Off-Band Blocking: > 99%
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and highest parallelism over the both surfaces
- High transmission at major nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm&500nm and H-beta 486nm).
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- L-eNhance filter (1pc)
- Dust protection box (1pc)
The L-eNhance is a tri band filter and the ideal choice for enhanced light pollution suppression. It allows astrophotos to be taken of narroband emission objects in O-III, H-Beta and H-Alpha lines out of the city.