EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC OPTOLONG 1,25'' L-eXtreme Deep-Sky Light Pollution Filter
L-eXtreme Filter for deep sky nebula photography from the city
The relentless spread or urbanization and its associated light pollution have become a growing problem for all amateur astro photographers. The current solutions to the problem can be expensive and might include the purchase of a monochrome camera, several types of narrowband filters and a filter wheel.
Especially with inexpensive but fast newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats, the L-eXtreme filters open up completely new possibilities for high-class astronomical images even from the light polluted city. CMOS cameras can deliver images like monochrome cameras. This new generation of filters makes it possible to take amazing astrophotos directly from the heavily light-polluted city with all its artificial light sources. The dual narrow bandpass for the wavelengths of O-III and H-Alpha and the almost complete attenuation of the interfering light sources of these new filters make this an ideal solution.
L-eXtreme is a two 7nm narrow bandpass filter which can be used with one-shot color cameras like DSLRs (digital SLR), color CMOS and monochrome CCD cameras. The convenience and cost-effectiveness of this filter allows amateurs to photograph rich emission nebulas, even in bright, heavily light-polluted skies. The L-eXtreme filter is the better choice for fast optical systems at a competitive price. It isolates the H-Alpha and Oxygen III nebula emission lines so that the contrast and signal-to-noise ratio between nebulae are maximized. The design of our L-eNhance filter is a technical innovation among filters. For people who live in heavily light-polluted areas or when the moon is out, the L-eXtreme is a very good choice.
Main Use and Performance
This new generation of filters makes it possible to take amazing astrophotos directly from the light-polluted city with all its artificial light sources. The narrow bandpass for the wavelengths of O-III and H-Alpha and the almost complete attenuation of the interfering light sources do not require very large or extremely expensive telescopes. No, especially with inexpensive but fast newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats, these filters open up completely new possibilities for high-class astronomical images. Furthermore, with these filters CMOS colour cameras can deliver an image quality that comes close to CCD monochrome cameras.
WARNING: These nebula filters are not designed for sun observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH THIS FILTER. You will go BLIND if you ignore this warning.
L-eXtreme has a multiple anti-reflective coating on the optical substrate. The L-eXtreme filter uses a precision coating based on ion deposition coating technology. This ensures durability and scratch resistance as well as stability on the CWL (central wavelength), which is not affected by temperature changes. Absolute precision and homogeneity of the coatings as well as maximum values for transmission in the passband and optical density in the off-band range are guaranteed for all filters.
- Professional photographic filter for astronomy
- Improves deep sky emission nebula photography
- Best choice for extreme light pollution suppression
- For taking pictures also from highly light-polluted areas
- Dual-narrow-band filter with high transmission for O-III and H-Alpha lines
- Does not require very large or extremely expensive telescopes
- Excellent results also with fast inexpensive newtonian telescopes, double-lens ED refractors or even achromats
- L-eXtreme filter is the better choice for fast systems at a competitive price
- CMOS colour cameras can deliver an image quality that comes close to CCD monochrome cameras
- Filter diameter: 1.25 inches / 31.7 mm
- Connecting thread: M28x0.6mm
- Selected optical glass material
- Spectrum: 300-1000nm
- Off-Band Blocking: > 99 %
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and highest parallelism over the both surfaces
- High transmission at major nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm and OIII 496nm&500nm)
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- L-eXtreme filter (1 pc)
- Dust protection box (1 pc)
The L-eXtreme is a two-band filter and the ideal choice for strong light pollution suppression. It allows astrophotography of objects with narrow-band emission in the O-III and H-alpha lines out of the city.