RedCat 71 Apo - 71 mm f/4.9 Flatfield Refractor for Astrophotography
The William RecdCat 51 is a successful model and has found its following. Now William offers the much more powerful RedCat with 71 mm aperture. The refractor is also designed for mobile astrophotography and is carried by smaller mounts or by stable startrackers.
The Apo is aimed at astrophotographers and nature photographers who are looking for a portable and powerful manual telephoto lens. The focusing is like with a telephoto lens via a knurled ring. The Petzval design offers very good correction and illumination for all cameras up to full format.
The application areas of the RedCat 71 Apo:
With 350 mm focal length and fast f/4.9, short exposure times are possible. The working distance of 55 mm allows the use of all common astro cameras, system cameras and DSLR/reflex cameras. The use of nebula filters is also possible due to the 2" filter thread integrated in the helical extension. Included is a Bahtinov mask for astrophotography. The mask helps with focusing and is integrated in the lens attachment.
Landscape photography and wildlife photography
The RedCat 71 is also ideal for wildlife photography, for example. The easy-to-grip helical focuser allows you to focus within seconds. The imaging performance will impress you. A photo tripod is necessary for use.
Observation with eyepieces
Of course, you can also observe through the RedCat 71. With the optional zenith prism, virtually all common 1.25" eyepieces can be connected. The angular view helps for observations near the zenith as well as for nature observations during the day, the construction as an amiciprism results in a correctly oriented image. You can find the item, as well as a matching eyepiece, in the accessories section.
William offers with the REDCAT71 Astrograph a very well corrected telescope for astrophotography up to full format.
- Aperture 71 mm / focal length 350 mm / focal ratio f/4.9
- Petzval design with color-pure apochromatic FPL53 objective (4 elements in 3 groups).
Very well corrected and illuminated field of view up to full format - the corrector is built-in - no more adapter battle necessary
- Camera connection via the M48 external thread (suitable adapters are available) - working distance 55 mm
- 360° rotation of the camera for the correct image detail
- Focusing via precise helical eyepiece focuser as with telephoto lenses
- Tilting option for individual adaptation of the camera sensor to the telescope
- Flexible prism rail at the base (long version), suitable for Vixen Level and Arca-Swiss, in addition with 1/4" female photo tripod thread
- Nylon carrying bag and Bahtinov mask for astrophotography are included in delivery
Scope of delivery:
- RedCat 71 Apo M48 camera connection
- Bahtinov mask
- Caps for objective and focuser extension
- Tube clamps
- Universal prism rail with photo tripod connection
- Nylon carrying case with foam inside
The William RecdCat 51 is a successful model and has found its
following. Now William offers the much more powerful RedCat with 71 mm