Starlight Instruments 2.0" Rack and Pinion focuser, 1.5" draw tube travel
Our experience has shown that Feather Touch are the best focusers, and this one is no exception. All running parts are made from hardened stainless steel and are paired with hardened stainless steel, significantly improving running smoothness and increases long-term stability and load capacity. Furthermore, there will wil be no sign of wear and tear for a long period of time.
The design with rack and pinion uses form locking, not friction, in opposite to a Crayford focuser, so there is no slipping even at high loads. Especially for astrophotography, this focuser is a gem of best quality.
This focuser is especially suitable for upgrading our TS Imaging Star 65 Quadruplet (TSAPO65Q). You can find telescope and necessary adapter in the accessories section.Features and advantages:
- Draw tube with hardened stainless steel track
- Housing with bearings made of hardened stainless steel
- Brake with locking
- 1:10 dual speed transmission for extremely precise focusing
- Rack and pinion of the 3.0" focusers, no slipping even at high payloads
- CNC high-precision processing with almost unrivaled quality
- Focuser can be turned by 360° after loosening the adapter connection
- Adapter connection by thumb screws and thus tool-free
- All parts made of aluminium, brass and stainless steel, CNC manufactured with high precision
Scope of Delivery:
This focuser uses rack and pinion which prevents the draw tube from slipping. With the 1:10 dual speed transmission, very fine focusing is possible.