Baader Steeldrive II Motor Focuser with Controll Box
Baader Steeldrive II Motor Focuser for Steeltrack Focuser
The Steeldrive II motor focuser allows automated focusing of a telescope via a computer as well as precise and vibration-free focusing via the keys of the hand controller. The Steeldrive II is a product "Made in Germany".
The newly developed Baader Steeldrive II adapts individually to the requirements of the star friend. The controller is housed in the compact housing and not in the motor housing. This allows the motor to be kept compact. The Steeldrive consists of a motor unit which is connected to the focuser via a toothed belt. The control unit is connected to the motor with a cable and also works as hand controller unit. The Steeldrive II offers more than just vibration-free focusing:The most important functions at a glance:
- Up to two temperature sensors can be used in parallel for optimum compensation of temperature fluctuations.
- A temperature sensor is already included in the scope of delivery of the Steeldrive II.
- A controller can control one motor at a time. However, several controllers can be operated in parallel by software via one PC.
- The powerful stepper motor works absolutely backlash-free due to the toothed belt. The step resolution is approx. 2.5 micrometers.
- The easy-to-use control box allows you to quickly find the focus and save the focus position. The speed can be changed quickly and can be optimally adapted to the requirements.
- The contact-free and wear-free homing sensor is activated by a magnet. This allows a reproducible approach from fixed stored positions.
- The focus drift due to temperature fluctuations can be compensated, the SteelGO software calculates the factor and this can be stored locally in the control unit. The temperature compensation function can also be used in stand-alone operation without a computer.
- The 12V/1A PWM output enables the connection of heaters to the Steeldrive II and thus offers optimum control over heat supply.
Scope of Delivery:
- Steeldrive Mark II Controller
- 3 m USB cable
- 12 V / 1.5 A power supply
- Temperature sensor with 1 m cable
The # 2957165 Steeldrive II is a high-precision motorised focuser drive for heavy loads - directly fitting to all Baader Steeltrack focusers.