Altair 2" Filter Holder & Filter Slider M48 to T2 - 17 mm short
Altair Filter Drawer - manual Filter Change within Seconds
Altair offers with the 2" Filter Holder a very advanced drawer with many useful product features. Especially astrophotographers who do not want a large and partly heavy filter wheel will find an exciting alternative with this filter drawer. In spite of the compact and above all lightweight construction, this filter holder does not have to be without stability and accuracy.
Applications of the Altair filter drawer:
- The optical length is only 17 mm.
- The filter holder snaps into place magnetically, guaranteeing precise positioning of the filter.
- Thanks to the open design of the drawer, the filter can be easily inserted or removed.
- The drawer is round and very compact, so that it can also be used in front of the optics, for example in Hyperstar systems or Celestron RASA.
- A filter slider for 2" filters is included in the scope of delivery.
- Thanks to the additional filter sliders for 2" and 1.25" filters, you can combine any filters with each other.
- Deep sky astrophotography: L-RGB shots, false color shots, contrast enhancement through nebula filters with mono or color astro cameras and DSLRs
- Planetary observation and planetary imaging: quickly change color filters to enhance contrast. In photography, the photos can be combined well later.
- Deep sky observation: the impressions without filter, with UHC filter, O-III filter and other filters can be directly compared with each other. So you always get the maximum of details out of the observed object!
Scope of Delivery:
- Filter holder
- 1 slider for 2" filter
- 2 magnets
Filter change in a few seconds without removing the camera, ideal for astrophotography - the filter holder is the compact and lightweight alternative to the filter wheel.