ZWO ASI183MM Pro - cooled monochrome CMOS Camera for astrophotography
The cooled ZWOptical ASI183MM uses the modern SONY Exmor R BSI IMX183 monochrome sensor. With about 20 million pixels, this camera belongs to the large CMOS astro cameras. Due to the pixel size of only 2.4 µm, the resolution of the camera is sensational. With this, the ASI183 becomes attractiv especially for sharp and fast telescopes and camera lenses.
One of the outstanding features of the ASI183 is the sensational light sensitivity. The QE of 84%, due to the BACK ILLUMINATION technology, and the very low amplifier glow make the camera very well suited for all astronomical applications, but above all for deep-sky astrophotography.
Due to the absence of the Bayer mask, the monochrome camera is more sensitive than the color version. With L-RGB filters, you can nonetheless create fascinating color images of the universe. We recommend bW cameras especially for light-polluted skies, for example close to towns. With suitable filters, like nebula filters, you can select the light of deep-sky objects very well. Suitable filter wheels can be found in the accessories section.
Further advantages and features of the ASI 183MM Pro monochrome camera:
Application fields of the camera:
- USB 3.0 for quick download - can also be used with USB 2.0
- DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 45 °C below environment
- One of the most light-sensitive CMOS sensors from Sony with 15.9 mm diagonal - 20 megapixels
- High resolution through 2.4 µm pixels - ideal for fast and sharp telescopes like apos, Hyperstar, Celestron Faststar, fast Newtonian telescopes, ...
- Comes with AR protect window - full transmission also in infrared. If IR should be blocked, an IR block filter is needed.
- Distance T2-thread (female) to camera sensor: 17.5 mm
- High sensitivity - QE up to 84% - ideal astronomy camera for dim objects
- 12 bit ADC
- Deep-sky images (nebulae and galaxies): Due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are already imaged after a few seconds. The camera can be cooled up to 45 °C below ambient. Thus the already low noise is further reduced. By increasing GAIN (comparable to the ISO setting of DSLR cameras), you can reduce the exposure times below 30 seconds. Thus effects from seeing or inaccuracies of the tracking can be eliminated.
- Lunar and planetary images: extremely short exposure times, due to the high sensitivity, "freeze" the seeing. With the high resolution of the sensor, many details can be photographed even at a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
Optimal support by APM Telescopes before and after purchase:
We work with the cameras ourselves and can offer you optimal advice. Which camera matches your telescope, how do you achieve optimal adaption? APM is one of the biggest ZWO dealers. Due to our contacts, we offer best possible service also after purchase.Downloads, Drivers:ZW Optical supplies software and drivers online for free download.Frequently Asked Questions about ZWO Cameras:
The FAQ section is constantly updated by ZWO, here you can find the answers to many questions.
ZWO Users ForumManuals for ZWO products:The manuals page is constantly updated by ZWO, here you can find user guides for ZWO products.How to clean my ZWO camera:
One of the most sensitive cooled astro cameras in the market with 84% QE and almost 20 million pixels from for all fields of astrophotography.