GPCAM2 327C Video Astronomy Camera
The GPCAM2 327C is a colour CMOS camera with extremely high sensitivity, designed for video astronomy or EAA. It replaces your telescope eyepiece and comes with AltairCapture and SharpCap PRO software which both enable live video stacking, revealing stunning details on deepsky objects, even with a modest telescope.
The GPCAM2 327C can of course be used for any astronomy application including proper deep-sky imaging and high speed high resolution solar system imaging of the moon, planets. It is an especially good solution for capturing meteors with an all-sky camera dome. (Select optional 120 deg Meteor Lens when ordering).
The Sony IMX327 STARVIS Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor is extremely sensitive, the successor to the IMX290 being significantly more sensitive in low light situations. The GPCAM327C camera provides amateur astronomers access to this new Sony sensor at a very reasonable price.
The camera is powered by a USB2.0 cable, enabling the longer cable lengths, and USB2.0 compatibility preferred for EAA (Electronically Assisted Astronomy). The USB connector is heavy duty and will not pull out easily like cheaper cameras, maintaining better contact as your GOTO telescope traverses the sky.
Included in box:
- Camera body with high-strength USB2.0 connector.
- UV IR Cut optical window with anti-reflection coatings (400 to 700nm transmission).
- 1.25" Astro-nosepiece with with female 1.25" filter thread filter thread. (Remove to reveal C-Thread).
- Silicon dust plug for darkframes.
- Plastic dust cap.
- 1.5m ST4 guide cable.
- 2m High-speed USB2.0 A male to B male cable.
- Included Software: Note: This camera does not come with software in the box. To operate the camera, you will need to download the latest camera software at www.altaircameras.com (opens new window).
- Free AltairCapture software & ASCOM drivers downloaded at www.altaircameras.com. (NOTE: An Internet connection is therefore required to setup the camera for the first time as the software is not included in the box).
- Free SharpCap PRO 1 year license, Software downloaded (not included in box). Download instructions here: https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/altair
Other software supported:
APT Astro Photography Tool (direct support for Altair cameras).
NINA (direct support for Altair cameras).
ASCOM compatible with drivers downloadable at www.altaircameras.com
Camera form factor:
CNC machined aluminium body with air cooling fins connected directly to the sensor.
Sensor surface distance from flat end of 20mm 1.25 Astro adaptor: 37.58 mm.
Sensor surface distance from flat end of C/CS threaded adaptor 12.5 mm.
2 years against defects in manufacture, RTB return to base.
The GPCAM2 327C is a colour CMOS camera with extremely high sensitivity, designed for video astronomy or EAA.