Altair Hypercam 26M APS-C Mono Camera 16bit
The new standard in astro imaging, Altair Hypercam 26M uses the latest 16bit Sony IMX571 sensor with ultra low read noise and super high quantum efficiency in a large APS-C format.
The Hypercam 26M is the clear choice for the serious astro imaging enthusiast, outperforming CCD cameras in every respect both in read noise and sensitivity with an incredible Peak Quantum Efficiency of over 90%.
Combined with the lowest read noise of any CMOS astronomy camera we know of, from 2.35e- to 0.7e-, and a maximum full well depth of 51.3Ke, the Hypercam 26M is the ultimate Mono APS-C format astronomy camera.
The camera sensor is guaranteed not to frost and it has a heated AR coated optical window with variable power settings. *
For many, this may be the final camera to own in their astro imaging journey, and in terms of read noise, to date, it outperforms any DSLR or CMOS astronomy camera we know of using the same sensor.
Hypercam 26M headline specs
- 26mp APS-C size Back Illuminated Sony IMX571 sensor
- 16bit ADC yields 65,536 grey levels in the image
- Zero Amp Glow even at 10mins exposure
- Special “Ultra Low Read Noise” mode
- True Hardware Binning
- 2 Stage TEC Cooling
- Heated Optical Window
- 2 year warranty, with no sensor frosting guarantee**
- Rear USB2.0 hub 2x ports
- 12v power is required to run this camera.
- Included armoured case
- Included basic 240~110v compatible 12v DC power supply with your choice UK, USA or EU plug
- Software & drivers downloaded at www.altairastro.help
Scope of Delivery:
- Built-in AR filter with coating
- Power supply 12 V for cooling
- 1.8 m USB3.0 connection cable
- 2" barrel connector with filter thread
- Dust caps for 2" and T2
- Second desiccant cartridge
- Software as download from the manufacturer (altaircameras.com)
The Altair Hypercam from QHY offers the highest standard for astrophotography with the new 16bit Sony IMX571 sensor in APS-C format