ZWO ASI183GT - cooled monochrome CMOS Camera for Astrophotography
The cooled ZWOptical ASI183GT has the modern SONY Exmor R BSI IMX183 monochrome sensor installed. With about 20 million pixels this camera belongs to the big CMOS astro cameras. The resolution of the camera is sensational due to the pixel size of only 2.4 µm. This makes the ASI183 particularly interesting for sharp and fast telescopes and camera lenses.The integrated electronic filter wheel
The filter wheel offers space for 5 filters. The filter wheel accommodates mounted 1.25" filters and unmounted 31 mm filters.
Further advantages and product features of the ASI 183GT monochrome camera:
Application areas of the camera:
- USB 3.0 for fast download - can also be used with USB 2.0
- DDR3 memory buffer for stable data transfer with USB2.0 - minimizes amplifier glow caused by slower data transfer with USB2.0.
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 45 °C below ambient conditions
- One of Sony´s most light-sensitive CMOS sensors with 15.9 mm diagonal - 20 megapixels
- High resolution by 2.4 µm pixels - ideal for fast and sharp telescopes like apos, Hyperstar, Celestron Faststar, Newtonian telescopes, ...
- Supplied with AR clear glass filter - full aperture also in infrared. If the IR is to be blocked, an IR cut filter is required.
- Distance T2 connection thread (female thread) to camera sensor: 26.5 mm
- High sensitivity - QE over 84% - ideal astronomy camera for low-light objects
- 12-bit ADC
Optimal support before and after the purchase through APM Telescopes:
- Deep-sky images (nebulae and galaxies): due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are imaged after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled up to 45 °C below ambient temperature. This further reduces the already low noise. By raising the GAIN (similar to the ISO setting for digital SLR cameras), you can reduce exposure times to less than 30 seconds. Effects caused by air turbulence or inaccuracies in the tracking are thus eliminated.
- Moon and planetary images: extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity freeze the air turbulence. Due to the high resolution of the sensor, many details can be imaged even with a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
We work with the cameras ourselves and can offer you optimal advice. Which camera fits to your telescope, how do you achieve the optimal adaptation? APM is one of the largest ZWO dealers. Through our contacts we also offer the best possible service after the purchase.
Downloads, drivers:ZW Optical provides software and drivers online for free download.
Frequently asked questions about ZWO cameras:The FAQ area is constantly updated by ZWO, here you will find answers to many questions.ZWO Users ForumManuals for ZWO products:The manuals page is constantly updated by ZWO, here you can find user guides for ZWO products.How to clean my ZWO camera:
The manufacturer provides a manual that covers how to clean an ASI camera and regenerate the desiccant tablets: See below.
Scope of Delivery:
ASI 183GT monochrome camera with the powerful Sony sensor and integrated electronic filter wheel - space for 5x 1.25" or 31 mm filters