ZWO ASI183MC Pro - cooled Color CMOS Camera for astrophotography
The cooled ZWOptical ASI183MC uses the modern SONY Exmor R BSI IMX183 color sensor. With about 20 million pixels, this camera belongs to the large CMOS astro cameras. Due to the pixel size of only 2.4 µm, the resolution of the camera is sensational. With this, the ASI183 becomes attractiv especially for sharp and fast telescopes and camera lenses.
One of the outstanding features of the ASI183 is the sensational light sensitivity. The QE of 84%, due to the BACK ILLUMINATION technology, and the very low amplifier glow make the camera very well suited for all astronomical applications, but above all for deep-sky astrophotography.
The "single shot" color camera offers more comfort, compared with monochrome cameras. Not everyone wants to follow through the laborious L-RGB technique for beautiful colored nebula or planetary images. The color cameras offer a possibility to obtain beautiful images without changing filters. In direct comparison to the DSLR camera, the ASI183MC convinces with much higher light sensitivity, a smoother image and more depth. Stars become saturated less fast.Further advantages and features of the ASI 183MC Pro color camera:
Application ranges of the camera:
- USB 3.0 for quick download - can also be used with USB 2.0
- DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 45 °C below environment.
- One of the most light-sensitive CMOS sensors from Sony with 15.9 mm diagonal - 20 megapixels
- High resolution through 2.4 µm pixels - ideal for fast and sharp telescopes like apos, Hyperstar, Celestron Faststar, fast Newtonian telescopes, ...
- Comes with AR protect window - full transmission also in infrared. If IR should be blocked, an IR block filter is needed.
- Distance T2-thread (female) to camera sensor: 17.5 mm
- High sensitivity - QE up to 84% - ideal astronomy camera for dim objects
- 12 bit ADC
Optimal support by APM Telescopes before and after purchase:
- Deep sky images (nebulae and galaxies): Due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are captured after only a few seconds. By cooling down the camera up to 45 °C below ambient, the already low noise can be further reduced. By increasing gain (like the ISO setting of DSLR cameras), you can reduce exposure times below 30 seconds. Effects from seeing or inaccuracies of the drive are eliminated.
- Lunar and planetary images: extremely short exposure times (due to high sensitivity) freeze the seeing. Through the high resolution of the sensor, many details can be reproduced even at shorter focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
We work with the cameras ourselves and can offer you optimal advice. Which camera matches your telescope, how do you achieve optimal adaption? APM is one of the biggest ZWO dealers. Due to our contacts, we offer best possible service also after purchase.Practical tip:
Integration of 2" filters, 360° rotation and quick coupling
The camera is often used on correctors that do not have a filter thread. In addition, the filters should always be used as close as possible to the camera. Here we offer you a solution that can do much more.
The adaptation is very simple, the 21 mm T2 extension is replaced by:
- 2" filter holder directly in front of the camera
- 360° rotation for the right choice of the image section
- Quick release - you can remove the camera from the remote ear at any time, without screws and thus entangling the cables
- 1x TSROTT2-T2 and 2x T2AbstimmA1
One tuning ring comes to the camera side, one tuning ring comes to the telescope side of the rotator. Then screw on the M42-M48 adapter with 16.5 mm length and you are in the right distance with the camera.Downloads, Drivers:ZW Optical supplies software and drivers online for free download.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZWO Cameras:The FAQ section is constantly updated by ZWO, here you can find the answers to many questions.
ZWO Users ForumManuals for ZWO products:The manuals page is constantly updated by ZWO, here you can find user guides for ZWO products.How to clean my ZWO camera:
The manufacturer provides a manual that covers how to clean an ASI camera and regenerate the desiccant tablets: Please click here.
Scope of Delivery:
- ASI camera cooled
- Desiccant tablets
- T2 extension (21 mm long)
- T2 extension (16.5 mm long)
- Adapter to 1.25" with filter thread and cap
- Flat adapter T2 to 1.25"
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2 distance rings
- Short user guide
- USB3.0 Kabel, long
- 2 USB2.0 Cable, short
- Camera case
One of the most sensitive cooled astro cameras in the market with 84% QE and almost 20 million pixels from for all fields of astrophotography.