AstroTrac 360 mount and tracker for Astrophotography; 10kg load capacity
AstroTrac 360 - Meet the worlds most portable high performance telescope mount.
These are the manufacturers words and we find this an appropriate statement. The AstroTrac 360 is indeed the absolutely lightest telescope mount for astrophotography with highest tracking accuracy for instruments with a max. weight of 10kg.
The mount weighs only 5 kg (without counterweights) and carries telescopes and lenses with a max. 10 kg weight. As a result of this you can mount an Apo with 4" aperture, a Newton telescope with 6" aperture or a RC or EHD with 8" aperture and take excellent Astro-Images.
If you want to operate lighter equipment, for example a compact Apo of our Quadruplet series or a Tele-lens with 400mm focal length, you can leave the counterweights at home and thereby save a lot of weight - ideal for flight journeys.
It gets even more compact: for smaller Tele-lenses you can dismantle the Declination unit and use the sheer RA tracking base. This provides you with the best camera tracker worldwide.Further advantages of the AstroTrac 360 in summary:
- No gear backlash enables ultimate precision thanks to the "Advanced Friction Drive". Optimized surfaces guarantee maximum force transmission .
- Integrated "Premium Renishaw" optical Encoders guarantee highest tracking precision across the whole night. Tracking of instruments with focal lengths up to 400mm; guiding not required! The periodic error remains below roughly 5 Arcseconds, even at longer exposure times of 15 minutes.
- Improve tracking accuracy with an Autoguider: a Autoguider ST4-port is available.
- Pointing - "Raw Encoder" provide positioning accuracy within 60 Arcseconds. The selected target will reliably be moved to the center of your FOV.
- The illuminated polar scope is entirely made of metal and permits accurate polar alignment within a tolerance of 1 Arcminute.
- No collision when performing a Meridian Flip, even with longer telescopes (Gif-animation)
Scope of Delivery:
- 2x 360 drive units
- 2x 360 drive clamps
- 1x 360 polar scope
- 2x 360 counterweight bars
- 1x 360 inner counterweight
- 2x 360 outer counterweights
- 1x accessory kit containing cables, hex keys etc.
- 1x ATTW3100 polar wedge
The mount weighs only 5 kg (without counterweights) and carries telescopes and lenses with a max. 10 kg weight.