Baader UV/IR Blocking Filter and L-Filter
This filter from Baader Planetarium offers a wide range of applications. Baader filters are plano-optically polished, anti-reflective and offer highest contrast and sharpness. The Baader infrared blocking filter can be used in a wide range of applications, for example:
- Luminance filter/L filter for L-RGB images with CCD cameras (astrophotography)
- Infrared cut filter for deep sky recordings with cameras without IR cut filter, blurred star images are prevented
- Infrared blocking filter for images of the moon and planets to increase sharpness by blocking the IR light
- Reflection of thermal radiation and blocking of UV radiation, therefore the filter is also used for solar observation and photography.
- the only filters with homofocally plane-polished substrates. Each individual filter is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wavelength
- Baader filters are hardcoated separately. The individual filters are not drilled out of large plates as usual.
- drilled out filters show micro cracks at the edge of the quenched and tempered layer, which tend to absorb moisture due to capillary action
- all Baader filters have individually coated heat-treated edges, so moisture penetration is impossible
- Baader filters were boiled in water for one hour during long-term ageing tests (for example at B+W Filter/Schneider Kreuznach) and, in contrast to drilled filters, remained completely undamaged.
- scratch-resistant hard coatings of Baader filters can be cleaned as often as required - preferably with Baader OpticalWonder cleaning liquid
- no reflections in comparison to competing filters
- maximum contrast due to extremely steep edges on all transmission curves
Scope of Delivery:
This filter from Baader Planetarium offers a wide range of applications.
Baader filters are plano-optically polished, anti-reflective and offer
highest contrast and sharpness.