Altair Hypercam 26C APS-C Colour Camera 16bit
The step to professional CCD photography
The new standard in astro imaging, Altair Hypercam 26C uses the latest 16bit Sony IMX571 sensor with ultra low read noise and super high quantum efficiency in a large APS-C format.
Application areas of the camera:
- Deep sky photography (nebulae and galaxies) with short focal length refractors. Due to the extremely high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are imaged after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled down to 35 °C below ambient temperature. This further reduces the already low noise.
- Effects caused by air turbulence or inaccuracies in tracking can be compensated by short exposure times. The camera shows an extremely low amplifier glow, even with long exposures.
- Moon and planetary photographs: Extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity practically freeze the air turbulence. Due to the high resolution of the sensor many details can be shown even with a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
For many, this will be the final camera to own for astro imaging.
- 26mp APS-C size Back Illuminated Sony IMX571 sensor
- 16bit ADC yields 65,536 grey levels in the image
- Zero Amp Glow
- Special “Ultra Low Read Noise” mode *
- True Hardware Binning
- 2 Stage TEC Cooling
- Heated Optical Window
- 2 year warranty, with no sensor frosting guarantee**
- Rear USB2.0 hub 2x ports
- 12v power is required to run this camera
- Supplied with armoured case
- 240~110v compatible 12v DC power supply with UK, USA or EU plug
- Software & drivers downloadable at www.altairastro.help
Scope of delivery:
The new standard in astro imaging, Altair Hypercam 26C uses the latest
16bit Sony IMX571 sensor with ultra low read noise and super high
quantum efficiency in a large APS-C format.