ASA Telescopes are equipped with quartz glass optics from ASA (λ/8 wavefront Peak to Valley). This makes us to one of the few manufacturers that achieves the surface quality required for diffraction limited performance under best seeing conditions.
- Main mirror optical size is > 600mm
- Resolution is inversely proportional to the size of the primary mirror.
- Mirror material: Fused silica (quartz), ultra-low thermal expansion 0,54 10-6 K-1
- Guaranteed surface quality: λ/24 RMS wave front accuracy (>94% Strehl)
- The mirrors are made in our own optics production facility
ASA DDM200 Direct Drive mount:
ASA Direct Drive technology with absolute encoders for high end applications. Ready for the most demanding situations in pointing and tracking performance Load capacity of 200kg/440lbs on a polar wedge.
To achieve the excellent tracking and pointing performance ASA Direct Drive systems are equipped with high resolution up to 28bit (0.004") encoders on each axis. After modelling the pointing with the ASA software package, the positioning error is usually better than 5" RMS, the tracking performance is in the range of ± 0.25" up to 10min (only guaranteed with ASA telescopes).
The ASA DDM200 is the entry into all kinds of research work, including astronomical observation and satellite tracking.
ASA leaves no stone unturned when it comes to electronics design. Our closed loop direct drive systems, sensor technology and observatory safety modules play a major role in achieving optimum results. All moving accessory components are equipped with high-resolution encoders and closed-loop feedback systems.
Never worry about operating systems again! The new ASA control software is platform independent. The user interface is highly optimized for ease of use in all space research operations. Whatever the task is, astronomy, satellite tracking, space debris detection, laser ranging, or satellite communication, we have the right solution.platform independent control software
- software development kit
- customized user interfaces
- satellite tracking scheduler
- custom tracking application for space debris
- satellite laser ranging (SLR)
- advanced pointing modeling
- ASA 600 telescope with ASA optics
- All tools necessary for telescope installation
- Laser for optical collimation
- Power cord
- Telescope mounting plate
- Counterweight shaft
- Counterweight large
- Counterweight small
- ASA controller box
- ASA control software
ASA600 Ritchey-Chrétien f7 f2.5 telescope with DDM200 Mount