Until a few years ago, the classic 5-inch device was hardly affordable in "decent quality". APM makes it possible and presents a bestseller, the SuperED Triplet Apo 123/738mm.
Under the right conditions, faint nebula structures (e.g. cirrus) can be detected visually. These optics already collect 50% more light than a 4-inch model. We decided on a short system with f / 6 in order to give the astrophotographer a powerful tool.
The system comes with a large 3.5" FeatherTouch™ focuser, which is known for its excellent quality. The features: 360° rotatable and separately clampable, 1:10 micro reduction, adapter to 1.25" is included. The aperture is dimensioned largeenough that vignetting is excluded. The focuser tubeends with i reducing adapter 3" - 2" with clamping ring and an adapter 2" - 1¼" with brass clamping ring. With the included 80mm extension tube, you can vary the visual accessories very well.
With the dlivered Riccardi Reducer M63, the focal length is reduced to 554mm, while the aperture ratio is reduced from f/6.0 to f/4.5. The fully corrected image circle is 42mm.
- High quality SuperED triplet lens from LZOS
- Aperture 123mm, focal lenght 738mm, f/6.0
- Focal ratio with delivered reducer: f/4.5 at 42mm illuminated field
- Multi-coatings on any glass-air surface
- 3.5" FeatherTouch™ focuser w/ micro reduction
- 360° rotation
- High quality OTA, optimised
- Optical tube 123/738mm
- APM Riccardi reducer/flattener 0.75x M63
- 3.5" FeatherTouch™ focuserr w/ micro reduction
- Dew cap, retractable
- APM Fast Lock adapter 2" / 1¼"
- Tilting adapter APM-Tilt-adj-M63
- Adapter from focuser to tilting adapter
- Adapter Riccardi - M48 thread
- Adapter M48 thread - T2 thread
- CNC tube rings
- Test protocol
- Carrying case
A compact and lightweigt but powerful apochromat for visual and astrophotography using.