William Optics Star 71 II Limited Blue Edition (Innovative Bahtinov Mask Cover (Patented) & guiding ring included)
Dave Says: "I've had my own WO Megrez 72FD Doublet for 7 years and its still my most used APO, and the Star71 moves the game on with less mass even with 5 elements and must be the ultimate small APO 'triplet' portable for astro-photography."
"The Star71 is perhaps the ultimate APO to Sky-watcher's Star Adventurer or the AstroTrac when used with a BoDai-Global CloverThree for longer exposures up to 10 minutes with practice. At 2.4kgs weight as the same as my old Megrez 72 without the flattener!"
This scope is ultimately designed for astronomers who want the best results in photographic/CCD imaging. The WO-Star71 imaging telescope provides pinpoint stars at the very edge of a 45mm imaging circle. Key Features
- 71mm f/4.9 Imaging Refractor Telescope.
- FPL-53 glass for color free apochromatic performance.
- 5 elements in 3 groups (3-1-1- configuration; new, unique, patented design - not a conventional objective/flattener/reducer design).
- Covers 45mm full frame imaging circle.
- 2.5" dual speed R&P focuser.
- Includes mounting rings and Vixen style dovetail.
- Weight = 4.5 lbs / 2.05 kg (OTA only); 5.3 lbs / 2.4 kg (OTA with rings and dovetail).
- Focuser drawtube travel = 1.38" / 35mm.
For the time being the telescope is out of stock. Please ask for delivery timeDelivery contents
- Focuser drawtube terminates in a male M48 thread. Telescope comes with a wide M48-Canon EOS adapter ring. Similar rings are available from other supplier for other brands of cameras. Not a conventional 2" focuser tube with locking thumbscrews..
- Optional 1.25" 90-deg dielectric mirror diagonal sold separately for those wishing to use this as a visual. This diagonal comes with a custom adapter that connects directly to the M65(First Version)/ M63(Second Version) female thread on the telescope's focuser tube; you cannot use standard 1.25" diagonals. Telescope cannot reach focus with larger 2" diagonals.
- WO Star 71 II refractor OTA
- Tube rings and Vixen style dovetail
- Guiding ring
- Bathinov mask
- Carrying case
71 mm (2,8 Zoll) Imaging refactor OTA, including tube rings and Vixen style dovetail