This refractor is a good solution for amateur astronomers who need a guide scope with a bit more focal length but don't want to burden the mount with high additional weights. The achromatic objective with 70mm diameter provides very good star images and allows guiding on relatively faint stars.
If you want to use compact autoguiders with 1¼" barrel or eyepieces, you need a 1¼" star diagonal.
- The 2-element lens is a classical Fraunhofer achromat with multi-coating.
- Aperture 70mm, focal length 900mm, f/12.85
- The focuser offers 1¼" and T2 connection - a locking screw provides reliable hold even during longer exposure times.
- The tube is made of metal, the focuser is made of plastic - but very well manufactured, thus there is no wobbling!
- The guide scope rings are made of metal. The adjustment screws feature plastic tips against scratching the tube. The flat base of the guide scope rings has a female M6 thread for easy attaching to tube rings or dovetail bars.
- Guide scope 70/900mm
- TSO-TSLEITS guide scope rings
Lightweight, compact telescope for guiding in astrophotography, also suitable for autoguiding