TS-Optics Off-Axis Guider TSOAG9 - length only 9 mm
The short TSOAG9 off-axis guider is a development from Teleskop Service. It can be used with almost every telescope and substitutes the guiding scope. Guiding becomes more accurate and the mount has to bear less load. The TSOAG9 is the shortest off-axis guider of its class - especially suitable for adaptions where only little space is available. Nevertheless, the TSOAG9 offers convincing features.
Advantages and features
Connecting to the telescope or the corrector:
Short design: Only 11.4 mm from the M48 thread to the camera side connection.
Best illumination: 45.5 mm clear aperture - in addition, the prism can be freely adjusted to avoid shading.
Easy focusing of the autoguider: The lateral T2 connector can be adjusted as well, allowing to focus the autoguider without changing the distance from the main camera to the corrector.
Three possible positions from the camera to the prism: Due to the special design of the connecting adapters to T2, EOS or M48, three positions of the prism to the camera sensor are possible. This avoids shading by the prism, too.
Flexible adaption at the camera side with the necessary connecting adapters to T2, M42, M48 and EOS. The adapters do not extend the length of the off-axis guider.
At the telescope side, the TSOAG9 has a short 2" barrel with an M48x0.75 / 2" filter thread. This allows for a flexible adaption.
How to adapt the imaging camara
- Connection to 2" receptacles: With a 2" extension ring, you can attach the TSOAG16 to any 2" receptacles.
to correctors with T2 or M48 thread: The TSOAG9 can directly be
screwed to correctors with M48 connecting thread. An adapter to T2
allows for attaching to correctors with T2 connection.
- More connection options for example to the M68x1 Zeiss level adapter system.
a suitable camera connection, you need one of the optional connecting
adapters. The adapters are made for the TSOAG9 and match perfectly.
adapters are conical, always ensuring the optimal position. At the same
time, you can take down the camera without unscrewing it.
Distances to the prism
- TSOAG9-T2: for any other connections via the M42x0.75 / T2 thread
- TSOAG9-M42: the M42x1 connection is used mainly for a short adaption of DSLR cameras.
- TSOAG9-M48: for any other connections via the M48x0.75 / 2" filter thread
- TSOAG9-EOS: allows the direct connection of Canon EOS DSLR cameras.
- Distance from the middle of the prism to the lateral T2 connection: 26 mm to 38 m,adjustable
Distance from the middle of the prism to the front side of the TSOAG9: 6.7 mm
Distance from the middle of the prism to the camera side of the TSOAG9: 4.5 mm
- TSOAG9 Off-Axis Guider
- Camera side connectors are not included.
Can be used with almost every telescope, especially suitable for adaptions where only little space is available