This refractor is a good solution for amateur astronomers who need a compact and lightweight guide scope which does not burden the mount with high additional weights. The achromatic objective with 70mm diameter provides very good star images and allows guiding on relatively faint stars. Through 500mm focal length, speed is high and a large field of view is available.
If you want to use compact autoguiders with 1¼" barrel or eyepieces, you need a 1¼" star diagonal.
The TSL705 is also very well suitable as finder scope. Together with a star diagonal and a long focal length crosshair eyepiece, locating faint deep sky objects is possible without difficulties. Many hundreds of objects are even directly visible in the 70 mm refractor.
- The 2-element lens is a classical Fraunhofer achromat with multi-coating.
- The focuser offers 1¼" and T2 connection - a locking screw provides reliable hold even during longer exposure times.
- The tube is made of metal, the focuser is made of plastic - but very well manufactured, thus there is no wobbling!
- The guide scope rings are made of metal. The adjustment screws feature plastic tips against scratching the tube. The flat base of the guide scope rings has a female M6 thread for easy attaching to tube rings or dovetail bars.
- The total weight of the guiding scope is only 1000 grams - perfect if the mount should not be excessively strained.
- Guide scope 70/500mm
- TSO-TSLEITS guide scope rings
Lightweight, compact telescope for guiding in astrophotography or a powerful finder scope