Experience a whole new feel to exploring the night sky with this Omegon 8 inch Dobsonian telescope together with the Push+ object locator. This telescope can find any planet or deep sky object in the twinkling of an eye! This is made possible by the intelligent Push+ object locator - the telescope communicates instantaneously with your smartphone!The advantages in a nutshellfinding newly invented
- you can now located any object in the night sky using the Push+ object locator and your smartphone
built-in digital encoder - your telescope immediately knows where it is pointing. The software allows you follow every step and locate objects in a jiffy.
Bluetooth 2.0 provides a wireless connection to your smartphone - with a range of 10 meterssmartphone holder
- suitable for all smartphones with a width of up to 75mm
software - take control of your telescope with the SkySafari® 4 Plus app for Android, or use programs such as Cartes du Ciel® or Stellarium® with your PC
GP receiver - mounts any telescope with a GP rail
The optics - high contrast and sharp images thanks to the parabolic mirrorGood optics are the heart of any telescope
- the 203mm parabolic main mirror here provides a sharp image right out to the edge of the field of view, for a visual experience where you might forget that you are still on Earth and are only 'travelling' with your eyes.A journey into the past - getting into the world of galaxies203mm of aperture lets you enter a whole new domain
- that of the 'deep sky objects', or DSOs. You can observe globular clusters thousands of lightyears away, sparkling like a million diamonds in your telescope. Or even galaxies - 'islands of stars' like our Milky Way.You can observe the following objects with the telescope
- globular clusters
- planetary nebulae
- open clusters
- hydrogen nebulae
- planets, comets and much, much more.
Omegon Dobsonians open a new door to the universe
- the main mirror in this telescope gathers 75% more light than a 150mm telescope. You can explore hundreds of objects in the night sky.
- a 'satnav' for your telescopeKnow where you are
- the digital encoders on the azimuth and elevation axes tell you just where you are in the night sky at all times. This technology, which is used on large equatorial mounts, is now also employed with this Dobson telescope. But all this would be nothing without a good controller - and this you already have!Smartphone - your way to the starsYour Android smartphone now allows you to keep track of everything yourself
- the Sky Safari® 4 Plus astronomy app for Android systems turns your phone into a control centre for your telescope. The coloured display on your smartphone shows the current region of the night sky and allows you to select an object you wish to observe. You can then move the telescope to the target in a jiffy - as you move the telescope in the direction required, you will see a crosshair moving across the star chart.With the right app it's easy
You can purchase the SkySafari® 4 Plus app at Google Play. Push+ will not work with Apple iPhones or iPads (iOS operating system) - a separate version for these is due to be released in 2017Is there also another way that doesn't need a smartphone?
Yes, there is! - you can use Stellarium® or Cartes du Ciel® planetarium software. Simply install one of these free programs on your laptop - and off you go, wirelessly, to the stars. Whether smartphone or PC - a Bluetooth 2.0 connection is used to communicate with the telescope.GP receiver
The rocker box has a receiver for Vixen style GP rails. This means you can connect most telescopes with GP rails to the rocker box and benefit from the Push+ system. This works best with Newtonian reflector telescopes of up to 8 inches in diameter.
Ensure your exploration of the night sky is always successful with Push+.Note:
smartphone and App are not included.
Our expert comment:
The Push+ object locator is also available as a mount (rocker box) with GP receiver for your own telescope OTA (for up to 8 inches aperture).