APM Bino 140mm telescope
2x APM Doublet SD Apo 1452f / 7.9 FPL-51 special optical tube for Bino application
Every single APM 140 f / 7.9 tube convinces with its high performance. Both tubes have a Doublet optic with ED glass, one lens of which is FPL-51. This new innovative combination results in a color correction that is far beyond the usual in this price category. Before assembly and shipping, each optic we make an interferometric test at 532nm (green). Thus, APM guarantees for this Bino telescope an extremely high quality and, for both lenses, a congruent quality.
The instrument comes with two solid 3 inch focusers from Starlight Instruments.
The advantages over a telescope with Bino as a beam splitter
The beam splitting in the standard Bino approach is technically lost performance. Not only does the image get darker, it also reduces sharpness and contrast. Not so, if you use two parallel telescopes as Bino. Although
the picture is not brighter than a telescope and with one eye, but the
contrast perception and achievable visual resolution increases
is particularly evident in DeepSky objects, such as galaxies and
nebulae, which can now be seen much more vividly (almost
3D-dimensionally) and with a significant amount of detail.
The special feature of the 140mm Bino SD APO:
- Very high quality and convincingly good optical quality
- 2x colorless optics with FPL-51 ED glass
- 2x precise FT 3 "focuser 1:10 reduction
- With f / 7.9 ideal for visual observations
- CNC clamps
- Ergonomic prisms by Matsumoto (for image erection)
- suitable for 2 "and 1.25" eyepieces
When constructing a large binocular from two telescope tubes, there are some important problems that must all be solved. This includes the following points:
- Absolute parallelism of the two optical axes
- Simple adjustment of the two pictures, individual adjustable on both eyes
- Adjustable eye relief of the two optical axes
- Sensitive focusing, because with such a Bino can easily use the entire magnification
- Terrestrial image erection
- High sharpness and lossless contrast transmission
So, watching is really fun. Both instruments are screwed tight and fixed on a sturdy mount. A real treat for all visual observers !!!
In the box:
- 2x 152mm APM APO Refractors
- 2x Feathertouch 3" focuser
- Matsumoto EMS UXL2" deluxe erecting Mirror System
2x APM Doublet SD Apo 152 f / 7.9 FPL-51 ED special optical tube for Bino application