Daystar Quantum PE 0.8Ä H-Alpha Filter
Our precision Quantum housing incorporates ALL of the desired features for today's solar astronomer... and then some. Operation couldn't be simpler, just plug it in and a green light indicates when the filter is onband.
The housing offers live LCD readout of the filter's wavelength output (accurate to 0.1Å) and red /blue wing shift buttons that can precisely tune wavelength up or down for Doppler studies. The unit operates at 12VDC for field or battery use, included is a 100-240 power supply with US, European, UK and Australian adapter wall plates and even includes a serial port for computer control capability for on-screen display of filter readout. The new Quantum Series body style is all about ease of operation.... total simplicity.
Available for H-alpha, Na D, Ca II K-Line, Helium and Custom wavelength Filters.
All new heated DayStar Filters produced will feature this new housing style. Owners may upgrade their existing ATM or University model DayStar filters to the Quantum series housing.
The Quantum SE grade series are designed for most amateur and some academic applications. These filters meet the critical DayStar quality control criteria applicable in all visual and some photographic environments.
Our Quantum PE grade series is designed for professional research studies and applications in which precision homogeneity and onband transmitance values across the substrate surface are required. These filters require additional quality control steps and additional fabrication and testing time.
DayStar Filters Quantum Electronic Specifications:
- Status indicator with wavelength readout and bandpass control buttons with ±1.0 Å offset capability.
- Red/yellow/green LED status light, 3mm diameter.
- Green = normal operation, filter on band.
- Yellow = filter warming up, please wait.
- Red = fault, low battery or high voltage.
- Rated supply voltage input: 10-30V DC with 5.5x2.1mm jack., typical 10W at 12V.
- Fully operational with reverse polarity. Maximum 2.5 amp heater power consumption.
- Overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection
- AC wall adapter/cord included: Worldwide 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz, 18W, 6 foot cord, with supplied
- ungrounded user-interchangeable US, Euro, UK, and Australian plugs.
- Power options: AC adapter, alligator clips (not included), cigarette lighter cord (not included)
- Operational with European 24VDC automotive cigarette lighter.
- Temperature regulation: ±0.5°C (±0.05Å)
- Temperature control method: PID (Proportional / Integral / Derivative).
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to +40°C, 20-80% humidity non-condensing (*For on-and
- operation, temperature should not to exceed optimum temperature noted on manufacturer’s label.)
- Standard Heater is NOT certified for use in vacuum, and is NOT radiation hardened.
- RoHS compliant, lead free electronics. EPA Energy Star.
- RS232 computer interface for future filter status and offset control programming.
- Faint whining noise changing in pitch/volume is normal
DayStar Filters Optical Specifications
- Clear and usable aperture: 32 mm. (1.25").
- Bandwidth measurement: 19 mm. (0.75") central aperture.
- Fully blocked transmittance: 4%-8% of polarized light. Lower values correspond to narrower
- bandwidth filters.
- Off-band rejection: Average optical density greater than 6.0 from X-ray to beyond 2.0 microns.
- Optical components: BK-7 grade A, fine annealed 60-40 scratch-dig. Each optical element other
- than the etalon has a maximum wave front distortion of 1/4l @ 5461Å Hg.
- Air-glass interfaces are anti-reflection coated in the filtering assemblies.
In the box:
- Quantum PE 0.8Ä Filter
- Power unit
PE Filters with 0.8 ångström bandwidths will reveal prominences in high contrast.