TS-PHOTON 12" f/5 Newtonian telescope for observing and astrophotography
This telescope from the PHOTON series is a true all-round telescope and
one of the most powerful telescopes in this price range. With its
versatile focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian provides best prerequisites
for lunar and planetary observations. The optimized secondary mirror
with 80 mm diameter (minor axis) is designed as well for deep-sky
observation as for astrophotography. The obstruction of only 26% and the
extremely precise primary mirror allow magnifications up to
approximately 750x at suitable low seeing. The limit of the resolution
is in effect only by the blurring from the earth´s atmosphere, the seeing.
12" f/5 PHOTON Newton already needs a stronger mount, for example the
EQ8 from Skywatcher or the CGX from Celestron. The
Newtonian is even still mobile usable to a limited extent, while the tube length
of 1400 mm has to be regarded. But the 12" Photon Newtonian is mainly a
telescope for stationary installation in the garden or in an
observatory.The advantages of the PHOTON Newtonian at a glance
Why does a PHOTON Newtonian stands out?
- Moderate focal ratio for short exposure times for astrophotography.
- Very high sharpness on moon and planets
- Secondary mirror provides good illumination, for example for DSLR cameras
- Large backfocus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adapter
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time
- Faster cooling down, quicker observing, quicker photographing through fan for the primary mirror
- Steel tube and metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability
- Carbon tube for retrofitting - for ultimative transportation
The optical performance of the mirrors is kept on constantly high level.
The Photon Newtonian telescopes are made to the specifications of
Teleskop-Service. The size of the secondary mirror is optimized, the
distances of the focus position is optimized for observation as well as
for phpotography. What is more, a PHOTON Newtonian telescope can grow with your demands:
The 2" crayford focuser with 1:10 micro transmission
- A Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit is offered where
you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- Secondary mirrors of different sizes are offered so you can adapt the
Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or
deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
This Newtonian telescope is offered with a 2" Crayford style focuser with
integrated 1:10 dual speed transmission. This focuser works very precise
even with heavy accessories like astro cameras. With a bit of
experience, you can achieve accuracies around 0.08 mm which is
sufficient even for very high resolution sensors.
The focuser can be retrofitted with a motorfocus system, allowing
vibration free and precise focusing for visual observing or
astro-imaging.High-quality primary mirror with 94% reflectivity
Newtonian shows its full potential at observation and astrophotography
due to a high-quality primary mirror made of optical BK7 glass, free
from internal stress. The parabolic mirror has a 94% reflectivity
coating, thus offering a brighter and more contrasty image. You can
instantaneously notice the difference to a standard coating.
Due to the focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian belongs to the all-round telescopes for astrophotography and observing.Large 80 mm secondary mirror
shadow at the edge, you will be satisfied with a bright image with full
illumination even with modern DSLR or CCD cameras. But 2" wide field
eyepieces are also supplied with light up to the edge of the field stop.Field correction
a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. A
suitable coma corrector will offer you highest sharpness in the entire
- Photon 12" f/5 Newtonian with tube rings
- 8x50 finder
- 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission and reducer to 1.25"
- 2" extension tube 35 mm for easy reaching of the focus when observing
- Dust covers
- 12 V main mirror fan
- Losmandy style dovetail bar
- Collimation manual
The PHOTON Newtonian reflector is a powerful telescope for visual observing and astrophotography