TS-PHOTON 10" f/5 Newtonian Telescope - for observing and astrophotography
telescope is a true all-rounder and ranks among the best in this range.
Through the versatile focal ratio of f/5, the Newtonian offers best
prerequisites for lunar and planetary observations. The optimized
secondary mirror is designed for deep-sky observations as well as for
astrophotography.The advantages of the PHOTON Newtonian at a glance
The equatorial mount EQ6 PRO SynScan GoTo from Skywatcher
- Moderate focal ratio for short exposure times for astrophotography.
- Very high sharpness on moon and planets
- Secondary mirror provides good illumination, for example for DSLR cameras
- Large backfocus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adapter
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time
- Faster cooling down for earlier observing and photographing due to fan for the primary mirror
- Steel tube and metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability
- Carbon tube for retrofitting - for ultimative transportation
The GoTo mount holds the PHOTON Newtonian with very good stability. Due
to its precise tracking and the fully developed GoTo controller, we
recommend this mount also for astrophotographers. The telescope is
attached to the mount with a stable 3" dovetail bar.
GoTo drive system - latest software version
Approx. 42,000 objects in the database
Comes with stainless steel tripod and two counterweights
Reserves for accessories like cameras or guide scopeWhy does a PHOTON Newtonian stands out?
The Photon Newtonian telescopes are made to the specifications of
Teleskop-Service. The size of the secondary mirror is optimized, the
distances of the focus position is optimized for observation as well as
for phpotography. But above all, Photon Newtonians can adapt to your
interest, they can "grow" with your demands:
The 2" crayford focuser with 1:10 micro transmission
- A Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit is offered where
you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- Secondary mirrors of different sizes are offered so you can adapt the
Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or
deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
This Newtonian telescope is offered with a 2" Crayford style focuser with
integrated 1:10 dual speed transmission. This focuser works very precise
even with heavy accessories like astro cameras. With a bit of
experience, you can achieve accuracies around 0.08 mm which is
sufficient even for very high resolution sensors.
The focuser can be retrofitted with a motorfocus system, allowing
vibration free and precise focusing for visual observing or
astro-imaging.High-quality primary mirror with 94% reflectivity
Newtonian shows its full potential at observation and astrophotography
due to a high-quality primary mirror made of optical BK7 glass, free
from internal stress. The parabolic mirror has a 94% reflectivity
coating, thus offering a brighter and more contrasty image. You can
instantaneously notice the difference to a standard coating.
Due to the focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian belongs to the all-round telescopes for astrophotography and observing.Large 70 mm secondary mirror
shadow at the edge, you will be satisfied with a bright image with full
illumination even with modern DSLR or CCD cameras. But 2" wide field
eyepieces are also supplied with light up to the edge of the field stop.Field correction
a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. A
suitable coma corrector will offer you highest sharpness in the entire
- Photon 10" f/5 Newtonian with tube rings
- 8x50 finder
- 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission and reducer to 1.25"
- 2" extension tube 35 mm for easy reaching of the focus when observing
- 25 mm Plössl overview eyepiece
- Dust covers
- 12 V main mirror fan
- Dovetail plate suitable for NEQ5 and equiv.
- Skywatcher EQ-6 Pro SynScan with tripod
- 2 Counterweights incl. extension for the counterweight rod
- Collimation manual
The PHOTON Newtonian reflector on the Skywatcher EQ-6 Pro SynScan mount is a versatile telescope for visual observing and astrophotography