TS-PHOTON 254/1016mm Newtonian Telescope with Carbon Tube - OTA
is easy for you with this compact Newtonian from the TS-PHOTON series.
Due to the aperture ratio of f/4, this astrograph provides pure speed
and therefore short exposure times. With a suitable coma corrector this PHOTON Newtonian becomes
a very good astrograph.
Immerse yourself in the world of
deep-sky observing with the PHOTON 10" f/4. The large aperture and the
enhanced reflectivity of 94% offer unforgettable observations beyond the
solar system. Watch exciting details, like spiral arms of galaxies or
fine structures in planetary nebulae.
We recommend the TS-PHOTON 254mm f/4 mm to all amateur astronomers
who are looking for a fast, but still portable telescope for
astrophotography and deep-sky observation. The telescope is well
supported by mounts like the Skywatcher EQ6 or the Celestron CGEM. The advantages of the carbon composite tube
TS-PHOTON Newtonian comes with a high-quality carbon composite tube.
Beside the weight advantage of approximately 1.5 kg, the main advantage
is the better stability of the focus when the temperature changes. That
is important for astrophotography. When the temperature falls, metal
contracts and the focus moves. Readjusting the sharpness becomes
necessary. This combination of tube and mirror makes readjusting the
sharpness usually obsolete even for long-term exposures. The images
become sharper.Berger Anti Reflex Paint for best possible internal blackening
For this PHOTON Newtonian, we use Berger Antireflexfarbe (anti-reflex
paint). It darkens the inside of the tube as good as velours foil. The
big advantage, besides a lower weight, is that the paint almost gathers
no dust. The optics stay clean. With velours foil, dust gathers at the
primary mirror very quickly.The advantages of the TS-PHOTON at a glance
- Fast parabolic optics with outstanding contrast and very good sharpness for planetary observations.
- High-quality 2" MONORAIL focuser with 1:10 dual speed for 2" and 1.25" accessories.
- Focus position perfect for DSLR and other cameras.
- All popular 1.25" and 2" eyepieces can be used without problems.
- Brighter image through enhanced 94% reflectivity of primary and secondary mirror.
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time.
- A 0.5 mm thin stainless steel spider provides stability.
Astrophotographers will envy you for the delicate and sharp spikes
around bright stars.
- The active ventilation for the primary mirror ensures a clearly faster cooling down.
- Adjustable primary mirror cell and secondary cell completely made of metal
a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. A
suitable coma corrector will offer you highest sharpness in the entire
The working distance from the M48 thread
is 55 mm. With a T-ring, you are automatically at the right distance for
astrophotography with DSLR cameras. For adaptions do not hesitate to ask, we are happy to help you.Delivery contents
- TS 254 mm f/4 PHOTON Newtonian OTA with carbon fiber tube
- 2" MONORAIL focuser with reduction to 1.25"
- 2" extension tube 35 mm
- 8x50 finder with bracket
- Dust covers for focuser and front side
- 12V primary mirror fan with battery holder
- Collimation manual
The PHOTON Newtonian reflector is a fast astrograph and rich-field telescope with carbon fiber tube