TS PHOTON 8" f/5 Newtonian telescope - for observing and astrophotography
telescope is a true all-rounder and ranks among the best in this range.
Through the versatile focal ratio of f/5, the Newtonian offers best
prerequisites for lunar and planetary observations. The optimized
secondary mirror is designed for deep-sky observations as well as for
astrophotography.The advantages of the PHOTON Newtonian at a glance
The equatorial mount EQ5 from Skywatcher
- Moderate focal ratio for short exposure times for astrophotography.
- Very high sharpness on moon and planets
- Secondary mirror provides good illumination, for example for DSLR cameras
- Large backfocus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adapter
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time
- Quicker cooling down, quicker observing, quicker photographing through fan for the primary mirror
- Steel tube and metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability
- Carbon tube for retrofitting - for ultimative transportation
The equatorial mount EQ5 handles the Newtonian with good stability, sufficient for visual observing and astrophotography. The mount comes with a rigid tripod made of stainless steel that can be extended up to 140 cm.
The combination of the 8" F5 GSO Newtonian on the mount EQ5 is the most inexpensive solution for entering this higher class of telescopes. Later, you can upgrade the mount with polar scope, stepper motor drives and even a GoTo controller. Thus you get, step by step, a telescope which can grow with your increasing interest in the starry sky.Why does a PHOTON Newtonian stands out?
The optical performance of the mirrors is kept on constantly high level.
What is more, a PHOTON Newtonian telescope can grow with your demands:
The 2" crayford focuser with 1:10 micro transmission
- A Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit is offered where
you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- Secondary mirrors of different sizes are offered so you can adapt the
Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or
deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
This Newtonian telescope is offered with a 2" Crayford style focuser with
integrated 1:10 dual speed transmission. This focuser works very precise
even with heavy accessories like astro cameras. With a bit of
experience, you can achieve accuracies around 0.08 mm which is
sufficient even for very high resolution sensors.
The focuser can be retrofitted with a motorfocus system, allowing
vibration free and precise focusing for visual observing or
astro-imaging.High-quality primary mirror with 94% reflectivity
Newtonian shows its full potential at observation and astrophotography
due to a high-quality primary mirror made of optical BK7 glass, free
from internal stress. The parabolic mirror has a 94% reflectivity
coating, thus offering a brighter and more contrasty image. You can
instantaneously notice the difference to a standard coating.
Due to the focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian belongs to the all-round telescopes for astrophotography and observing.Large 63 mm secondary mirror
shadow at the edge, you will be satisfied with a bright image with full
illumination even with modern DSLR or CCD cameras. But 2" wide field eyepieces are also supplied with light up to the edge of the field stop.Field correction
a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. A suitable coma corrector will offer you highest sharpness in the entire field.Delivery contents
- Photon 200mm f/5 Newtonian with tube rings
- 8x50 finder
- 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission and reducer to 1.25"
- 2" extension tube 35 mm for easy reaching of the focus when observing
- Dust covers
- 12 V main mirror fan
- Dovetail plate suitable for NEQ5 and equiv.
- Mount Skywatcher NEQ5
- 2 Counterweights with 5 kg each
- Collimation manual and manual for the mount
The PHOTON 8" F5 Newtonian reflector is a versatile telescope for observation and astrophotography on stable equatorial mount Skywatcher EQ5