Nexus DGC Advanced Digital Setting CirclesNexus DSC is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.
Using the advantages of WiFi, the Nexus DSC allows for the seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi-enabled computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Computers, Android phones/tablets, Kindle Fire, Windows based PCs/tablets.
You can use the Nexus DSC with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky just to name a few. Main Features:
- Red OLED graphical display
- Full numeric tactile keypad
- Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database*
- Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Powerful Identify and Tour modes
- Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
- Supports up to 64GB microSD cards
- Optional WiFi-interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
- User catalogues (practically unlimited**) can be added and used
- Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
Check out the full features of the Nexus DSC by downloading the specifications
All instruction manuals and user guides can be found on our website on the Manuals & Guides page
All software updates can be found on the Downloads pageIn the box:
- 1 x Nexus DSC unit
- 1 x Nexus DSC User Manual
- 1 x Nexus DSC Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x 90cm USB charging cable
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
Additional Options Includet:
- Universal power adapters (set of 5)
- A WiFi card (installed in the Nexus DSC device)
140mm x 120mm x 38mm (LxWxH)Weight:
- Nexus DSC’s internal flash memory currently contains in excess of 73,500 objects while the microSD card extends this currently to over 1.9 million objects but the limiting factor is the size of the microSD card used.
** - User catalogues can be placed on a micro SD card only.
AMT encoders must be set to 2048 steps x4 = 8192 steps (because they are quadrature encoders). This applies to both axes.
Nexus DSC is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.