Nexus PRO DGC Advanced Digital Setting Circles
Nexus DSC is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.
With the Pro’s upgraded CPU, memory, RAM, and sensors, you can store more objects in the database, search the database quicker, use encoder speeds of up to 100 million steps per second, and understand the environment around you better. The Pro will also have multi-lingual support, planned for the future.
You can use the Nexus DSC Pro with planetarium software (such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, and TheSky) on WiFi-enabled computing devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Computers, Android phones/tablets, Kindle Fire, and Windows based PCs/tablets).
• Red OLED graphical display
• Full numeric tactile keypad
• Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database
• Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
• Built-in GPS receiver
• Built-in environmental sensors: barometric pressure, humidity, and temperature
• Powerful Identify and Tour modes
• Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
• Supports up to 512GB microSD cards
• Optional WiFi interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
• Supports ScopeDog, ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
• User catalogues can be added and used
• Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
Check out the full features of the Nexus DSC Pro by downloading the specifications.
All instruction manuals can be found on the Manuals & Guides page.
All software updates can be found on the Downloads page.
Want to know the difference between the Nexus DSC and Nexus DSC Pro? View them here.
- the MCU is now running at 400MHz (vs. 80MHz for Nexus DSC)
- has more flash memory (32MB vs 16MB)
- much faster access to the databases on the micro SD card
- has an environmental sensor (barometric pressure, humidity and temperature)
- can accept encoder rates up to 100,000,000 steps per second (vs 500,000)
- can play natural sounds (mostly for future updates) - it now has a speaker instead of a buzzer
- will support multiple languages later this year (we plan to add support for German, French, Japanese, Russian and possibly Spanish)
Check out the full features of the Nexus DSC by downloading the specifications old Version
All instruction manuals and user guides can be found on our website on the Manuals & Guides page
All software updates can be found on the Downloads pageIn the box:
- 1 x Nexus DSC unit
- 1 x Nexus DSC User Manual
- 1 x Nexus DSC Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x 90cm USB charging cable
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
Additional Options (not included):
- Universal power adapters (set of 5)
- A WiFi card (installable in the Nexus DSC device)
140mm x 120mm x 38mm (LxWxH)Weight:
- Nexus DSC’s internal flash memory currently contains in excess of 73,500 objects while the microSD card extends this currently to over 1.9 million objects but the limiting factor is the size of the microSD card used.
** - User catalogues can be placed on a micro SD card only.
AMT encoders must be set to 2048 steps x4 = 8192 steps (because they are quadrature encoders). This applies to both axes.
Nexus DSC (new Version) is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.