Nexus-II: Advanced wireless multifunctional telescope Adapter
Nexus-II combines Digital Setting Circles and USB Serial To Wifi interface in one powerful package.
Nexus is a multifunctional WiFi telescope interface. Using the advantages of WiFi, Nexus allows seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi compatible computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Computers, Kindle Fire, Android phones/tablets, Windows based PCs/tablets.
You can use Nexus with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky, and more.MAIN FEATURES
Nexus can function as:
- Dual power source – internal 9V battery, or external 9-25V DC
- Operating temperatures range from -20ºC – 50ºC (-4ºF – 120º)
- Supports extended Ouranos, Bbox, and Sky Commander communication protocols
- Handles TTL quadrature optical encoders with practically unlimited number of pulses per second
- Class I WiFi device (up to 150 metres range)
- Two RS232 ports
- One USB port
- Controls the shutter release on DSLRs
- Works with planetarium software running on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker
- Wireless DSC
- Wireless DSC with ServoCAT*
- Wireless DSC + 2 x RS232 to WiFi + 1 x USB** serial to WiFi adapters
- Serial to WiFi adapter
Both Access Point and Infrastructure (WPE/WPA/WPA2) WiFi network connections are supported. WPS is supported in the infrastructure mode only.
Using Nexus in combination with a planetarium software provides a cost effective yet very advanced DSC controller supporting all popular telescopes.
Please refer to the the user manual
for further detail. It can be downloaded from the Manuals & Guides
page on our website.WHAT’S IN EACH BOX
- Nexus-II unit
- Nexus-II User Manual
- Nexus-II Setup Guide for Sky Safari
- 0.3m USB charging cable
Note: The AMT encoders must be set to 2048 steps x4 = 8192 steps (because they are quadrature encoders). This applies to both axes.
Nexus-II: Advanced wireless multifunctional telescope adapter.