Explore Scientific Dark-Sky-Filter 77 mm Slim Universal Dark-Sky Filter with 77mm thread for photo lens. Contrast enhancing filter for Aurora- and Deep-Sky imaging.
Vital for Aurora imaging this filter lets pass 90% of the most important wavelengths of 550nm (green) and 630nm (red). In comparison to CLS filters, the Explore Scientific Dark-Sky Filter is blocking also the yellow sodium (Na) light at 590nm which eliminates Sodium-lamp street illumination from your picture.
This is very useful because the yellow light is always a partially mix of green and red light. Removing the yellow wavelength with any image processing software will always damping also the green and red coloring. Not only for Aurora imaging this is not wanted.
In times of increasing light pollution, the Explore Scientific Dark-Sky Filter is absolutely recommended in order to take pictures also from urban conditions.
Finally the slim housing design also enables the use of wide-angle lenses and doesn't cause any vignetting.Features
- Contrast enhancer for Aurora- and Deep-Sky imaging
- Wide field imaging of the milky-way, time lapse and landscape
- Light pollution damping filter
- Eliminates the yellow light which cannot be done by any imaging processing software
- Ideal also for wide angle lenses
- Deep Sky Filter 77mm
- Dust protection case