Basler Scout CCD Astronomy Camera with Firewire and Sony ICX618 Color Sensor
The efficient and compact Basler Scout CCD camera series is now available from us! Especially very interesting for all which won´t have a GigE port and want´s to use Firewire.
The Basler Scout A640 is equipped with the in red and green very sensitive Sony ICX 618
CCD sensor. This advantage and the high possible framerate of up to 122 frames per second makes this camera perfect for planetary, lunar and solar photography. Especially this is perfect for H-alpha solar photography!
The camera will be connected to your telescope with C-mount. For this you can optional get adapter to 1 1/4" and T2.
By using the Firewire
interface you can use this camera with many notebooks and also with the Mac computer.
For operating the camera you will need a PC or Mac with Firewire 800 plug (with adapter firewire 400 also possible) with integrated power supply. Alternate you can use an optional power supply.Software:
A SDK (Software Development Kit) will be delivered with each camera including the driver for the most third party software and the software Pylon. With this software the camera will be adjusted and it´s possible to capture single frames. For videostreams, AVI´s etc. you need than a special "Capture Software". We highly recommend the freeware "Firecapture
" - many amateur astronomers are using this software. You also can use the freeware "SharpCap" or the commercial software "Genica". For the Mac you will need the commercial software "AstroIIDC" - with this you can operate all functions of the camera and capture your frames and videos.Advantages of the Basler Scout camera series:
- Small and lightweight cameras to protect your focuser
- Firewire for the use at the most computers
- High framerate up to 122 frames per second
- Pixel Bit Depth of 12 Bit are possible for a higher contrast
- ROI possible for smaller files to get higher framerates with slow PC´s
Advantages of the Sony ICX618 Color sensor for the astronomy photography:
- With the higher sensitivity in the Red and Green shorter exposure times are possible, so you won´t have problems with turbulences any more and lower noise.
- Framesrates up to 122 frames per second are possible
ROI - Region of Interest:
At ROI operation the camera is reading out only a small userdefined part of the chip. At planetary photography you mostly only need a very small part of the chip (e.g. 200 x 200 pixel), with ROI it´s possible only to read out this small part and to transfer it to the PC for storage. So your PC will be greatly relieved and you get much smaller files, so the picture processing (stacking) will be much faster - you won´t have the unnecessary black background.
Another advantage is, because of the smaller amount of datas the framerate will increase, so also with small PC´s its possible to get framerates up to 122 frames per second
- PC with Firewire interface and integrated power supply (otherwise power supply)
- Connecting Tube to the Telescope
- Firewire 800 cable or Firewire 800 to 400 adapter cable
- Capture Software (FireCapture etc.) for Mac AstroIIDC
- For Color Photography you need a RGB Filterset and possibly an Infrared Cut Filter
- SDK - Softwarekit incl. Pylon
We will gladly provide you a offer for any other Basler cameras.
The Basler Scout with Firewire and Sony ICX 618 Color Sensor Chip - now in our Shop!