FLI - Finger Lake Instrumentation PL16803 Monochrome Camera with 65 mm Shutter
The ProLine Imaging System sets a new standard in CCD camera performance and flexibility. As FLI´s flagship imaging system, the ProLine cameras feature user selectable download speeds, choice of cooling base configurations, and a separate hermetically-sealed chamber for the CCD and electronics. Every major component of the ProLine is CNC machined to ensure a long life in the most demanding conditions. The ProLine base / heat sink, shutter housing and front flange are each machined from a single piece of high-grade aluminium. The electrical printed circuit boards use only highest quality components and are protected from harsh environment without the need for conformal coatings.
Breaking new ground in download speeds, the ProLine provides the user with extremely fast user-selectable download speeds. You can download images at 12 mega-pixels per second for focusing. This means that an unbinned image can be downloaded to your PC in as little as 1 second! For imaging, the download time can be slowed to reduce the noise in the final image. The ProLine achieves a sustainable 65°C cooling performance. This means you can operate your camera at -30°C with ambient temperatures of up to 35°C for lowest dark current and its attendant noise. No additonal cooling or cooling sequence staging is necessary but a liquid cooling option is available to achieve a wider range.
Conventionel imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image
sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due
to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues.
The ProLine avoids thes issues with its internal frame buffer, thus
allowing an image to be quickly read out and download to the PC. This
allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of
without introducing any artifacts to the image. Through sophisticated design and production techniques, the ProLine image sensor is accurately aligned so that the imaging chip is perpendicular to the optical path without shims or other post-assembly adjustments. This is crucially important as chips get larger to insure the entire frame of your image is in focus.FLI ProLine CCD Camera Feature Overview:
About the Kodak KAF-16803 Sensor:
- The ProLine standard window has the highest transmittance available (~97% to below 390 nm). Systems that require higher transmiittance are supplied with windows with extended high transmittance to 180 nm.
- the ProLine shutter avoids the issue of particles falling from the shutter onto the sensor surface.
- ProLine is setup with external triggering for those applications that require it.
- The ProLine allows a user to power and connect an FLI focuser and filter Wheel directly - avoiding long messy cables.
- ProLine standard air cooled base provides up to 65 deg C differential.
- Selectable download speeds up to 12 mega-pixels/second and On-board frame buffer standard
- USB 2.0 high speed interface
- Triple TEC Cooling for true, maintainable 65°C cooling and separate hermetically-sealed chambers.
- Electronics and sensor are back filled with medical-grade Argon
- Low noise, 16-bit operation and High tolerance sensor alignment and orthogonality
- 100% CNC Machined Sub-Asseblies with High Transmission camera windows (97%)
The Kodak KAF-16803
Image Sensor is a 52.1 mm diagonal high performance CCD image sensor
designed for a wide range of image sensing applications including
digital imaging. The chip contain´s blooming protection. The pixels
measures 9 µm. The chip offers a very low dark current.Delivery contains:
- Camera Body
- Camera Test Report
- USB Cable
- 12 Volt Power Supply with Cable
This is the basic version of the camera. We can offer you the camera with all accessories you want or with different CCD´s.
The professional version of the FLI cameras with the large format Kodak KAF-16803 monochrome sensor.