Extreme longtime exposures for deepest images and faintest details are a thing of the past! With the 8" f/3.6 astrograph you are able to produce sharper and more detailed images of deepsky objects in a comparable short time. Clear nights are more than rare so start collecting as much data as you can - in all channels.
Carbonfibre Tube: We replace the standard metal tube by an optimized carbonfibre tube. By reducing the telescopes weight, it´s rigidity increases clearly. That is essential for an f/3.6 system.
Better Focuser: The very basic Boren Simon focuser is being replaced by a much more rigid and low profile Baader Steeltrack focuser that carries even higher loads and heavy cameras without flexing problems.
Optimized Focus: Using the low-profile Steeltrack offers the advantage to reduce the focal area down from 165 mm to 131 mm above tube. You`ll receive a much better illumination without focussing problems.
Orion UK Secondary Mirror 75 mm: Instead of the 70mm standard a 70mm secondary with Orion 97 % HILUX coating is used. Besides the instrument is optimized with the correct offset.
The Astrograph is an optimized system for being used in combination with DSLR cameras, it fully illuminated a diameter of 25mm. That is more than most f/4 or f/5 Newtonians and the secondary mirror guarantees a fully illumination of the correctors field lens. The astrographs compressor can easily be replaced by a coma corrector. There won´t occur any problems to reach focus.
- Optimized system 200mm f/3.6 for photographic use
- Focal lenght 730mm - perfect for nebulae, star clusters and galaxies
- Usable with standard nebula filters
- Carbon fiber OTA for optimal siffness
- Bader Steeltrak focuser with 1:10 reduction
- 4 element corrector lens system
- Long back focus of 65mm
- Sufficient illumination for APS-C sensors
- 8" f/3.6 Newton Astrograph OTA
- Carbon tube
- 4 element ED reducer / corrector
- Baader Steetrak focuser w/ 1:10 gear
- 8x50 finderscope
- Tube rings
- GP level dovetail
Powerful Boren-Simon 8" f/3.6 Astrograph with full Correction over the Field.