Boren-Simon 8" f/2.8 Powernewton Astrograph - Aperture 200 mm / focal length 560 mm - fully corrected field- an astrocamera at f/2.8 for demanding Astrophotography with highest definition- Modified line with considerable improvementsSky & Telescope Hot Product 2011
Extreme longtime exposures for deepest images and faintest details are a thing of the past! With the 8" f/2.8 astrograph you are able to produce sharper and more detailed images of deepsky objects in a comparable short time. Clear nights are more than rare so start collecting as much data as you can - in all channels.The 8" f/2.8 Astrographs main advantages:
- Extreme fast system of f/2.8 at 200 mm aperture
- Focal length of 568 mm - ideal for Nebulae, Galaxies and Clusters
- Enough backfocus of 55 mm starting from T2 thread - even suitable for DSLR cameras
- Fully illuminated and corrected field of APS formats
- Easy and fast to be used because of the open system
The improvements that make this astrograph deliver the outstanding performance:
- Carbonfibre Tube: We replace the standard metal tube by an optimized carbonfibre tube. By reducing the telescopes weight, it´s rigidity increases clearly. That is essential for an f/2.8 system.
- Better Focuser: The very basic Boren Simon focuser is being replaced by a much more rigid and low profile Baader Steeltrack focuser that carries even higher loads and heavy cameras without flexing problems.
- Optimized Focus: Using the low-profile Steeltrack offers the advantage to reduce the focal area down from 165 mm to 131 mm above tube. You`ll receive a much better illumination without focussing problems.
- Orion UK Secondary Mirror 75 mm: Instead of the 70 mm standard a 75 mm secondary with Orion 97 % HILUX coating is used. Besides the instrument is optimized with the correct offset.
The illumination potential of the 8" f/2.8 ED Astrograph:
The Astrograph is an optimized system for being used in combination with DSLR cameras, it fully illuminated a diameter of 25 mm. That is more than most f/4 or f/5 Newtonians and the secondary mirror guarantees a fully illumination of the correctors field lens.
One telescope - two focals!
The astrographs compressor can easily be replaced by a coma corrector. There won´t occur any problems to reach focus.
- 8" Astrograph with 200 mm aperture and carbonfibre tube
- Baader Steeltrack focuser with 1:10 dual speed
- 4-Element ED Reducer and Corrector
- 8x50 Viewfinder
- GP Level Dovetail
Powerful Boren-Simon 8" f/2.8 Astrograph with full Correction over the Field.