TS Carbonfibre Newtonian 300 mm f/5 with optimized focus position and Baader Steeltrack Crayford Focuser
The UNC series from Teleskop Service are THE alternative to Newtonians from Far-East but also to high-end, high-cost instruments. All that doesn´t mean that You have to come to a compromise with the materials. UNC stands for Universal Newtonian Telescope with Carbonfibre tube.
- Lightweight but stiff carbon tube "Made in Germany"
- Better field illumination by optimized focus position
- Modified primary mirror holder
- Baader Steeltrack 2" Crayford focuser with dual speed
- Modified secondary mirror with optimized offset position
Each Carbonfibre tube is a unique piece and handmade. These are customized products and not a chinese mass product. Little issues on the surface are a proof of the handproduction process. Of course these issues do not affect the telescopes optical performance!A classical Newtonian is superior to Cassegrain and RC systems in some cases:
A main part at the TS UNC Newtonian is the modern Baader Steeltrack Focuser.
- faster f/ratio for shorter exposure times
- no elaborate and expensive focal reducers necessary
- absolut no color fringing
- open system for quick cool-down times
- no front corrector plate: no dew problems
Although needing only 50 mm back focus, the Baader Steeltrack accepts heavy cameras without tilting. With this focuser, we have been able to optimize the focus position above the tube for maximum illumination.
- high stiffness at very short built
- large back focus of 60 mm - enough for comon correctors and the TS 9 mm Off Axis Guider
- inculudes precise 1:10 dual speed transmission
- upgradable with Baader Steeldrive focus motor
- TS UNC Carbon Newtonian Telescope with 2" Baader Steeltrack Focuser
- Tube rings made of aluminium with two flat bases
- Vixen Level finderscope holder
- 8x50 finderscope with holder
- Reduction from 2" to 1 1/4" with 2" filterthread
TS 12" Newtonian with Carbonfibre Tube and optimized focus position and 2" Baader Steeltrack focuser.