TS PHOTOLINE 80 mm f/7 FPL53 Doublet Apo - rack and pinion focuserAn apochromatic refractor with highly
corrected objective and top mechanics - the telescope is well suitable
for astrophotography and observation.
TS Photoline 80 mm f/7 FPL53 Doublet Apo Refractor
The new Photoline apo from TS Optics offers a very good performance in virtually every area of observation and astrophotography. The imaging quality sets standard in this class. In the lens, the "extra low dispersion" glass FPL53 from Ohara (Japan) is used. This high-quality apo element and the relaxed focal ratio of 1:7 allow for an image virtually free of chromatic aberration. Through the doublet lens, a faster cooling is achieved, too.Best mechanics ensure an outstanding imaging performance for years and success in astrophotography
Even the best optics can only be successfully used if the machanics is right. Here, savings are often made at the wrong end. This is not the case for the Photoline 80 mm f/7 apochromat.Advantages and features at a glance:
Photographic use - one telescope, two focal lengths
- Ball bearing mounted focuser with rack and pinion drive. The bearing is decoupled from the adjustment of the draw tube.
- Oversized draw tube with 60 mm clear aperture for full illumination even at full-frame format.
- 1:10 dual speed transmission for ultra-precise focusing
- High-quality tube with internal baffles and very good internal blackening - nodisturbing stray light
- M63x1 thread (female) allows for firmly screwed adaptions for astrophotography
- The dew cap can be retracted - then, the transportation length is only 46 centimetres
- Multi-coated state-of-the-art two element lens with FPL53 as APO element
- High-quality CNC rings and GP level dovetail bar with photo thread
The Photoline f/7 apo is suited for astrophotography without any restrictions, but, as with every fast refractor, the field has to be corrected for obtaining perfectly round stars at the edge. We offer the following possibilites, the correctors are linked in the "recommended accessories" section.
- TSFlat2 - universal 2" field corrector without change of focal length: The corrector is directly pushed into the 2" receptacle and clamped with the adapter kit. The working distance is 116 mm from the M48 connection thread of the corrector, With the TSFlat2A, we can supply a complete adaption to your camera. We recommend the TSFlat2 for cameras up to APS-C format.
- TSFlat2,5 - 2.5" field corrector without change of focal length: The corrector is screwed to the M63 connection thread. For this, the adapter M63a-Flat25 is necessary. The working distance from the M69 connection thread of the flattener is 101 mm. We recommend the TSFlat2,5 for cameras with full-frame sensors.
- TSRed279 - 2" Photoline reducer and corrector: The 0.79x corrector reduces the focal length to 442 mm and increases the speed from f/7 to f/5.53. The reducer is directly clamped by the 2" receptacle. The working distance from the T2-thread is 58 mm. We recommend the reducer for cameras with sensors up to APS-C format.
- TSRed379 - 3" Photoline reducer and corrector: This 0,79x corrector also reduces the focal length to 442 mm and increases the speed to f/5.53. The working distance from the M48 thread is 58 mm. The reducer is screwed to the M63 connection thread. For this, you need the adapter M63a-M68i. We recommend the reducers for CCD cameras with larger sensors and for DSLR cameras with full-frame sensors.
In the box:
- Photoline 80 mm f/7 Apo
- CNC tube rings
- GP level dovetail bar
An apochromatic refractor with highly
corrected objective and top mechanics