TS Optics 0.63x reducer and corrector for Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
This high-quality corrector system was especially developed for SC telescopes. With this 4-element system, you can make a fast telescope for astrophotography out of your SCT.Features
- The corrector fits to all Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes from Celestron and Meade. It is simply screwed to the 2" thread at the back of the telescope.
- At the eyepiece side, the f/6.3 corrector also has the SC thread. You can use your accessories as before.
- The optimal working distance from the SC thread of the corrector is 85 mm. You can exceed or under-run this distance by 15% without appreciable loss of quality.
- The focal length of the SC telescopes is reduced with the factor 0.63: 2000 mm become 1260 mm focal length. The speed is considerably increased. You achieve the same saturation with only 40% exposure time, compared to the photography without corrector.
- The optical corrector system flattens the curved field of the Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, offering a fully corrected image area of 24 mm diameter.
- The corrector offers an improvement also visually, the sharpness at the edge is enhanced and the yield of true field of view is obvious. We recommend to use the corrector with 1.25" eyepieces.
Because of the long focal length and the large aperture of SC telescopes, we recommend off-axis guiding. With this, the imaging telescope becomes the guide scope at the same time. Delivery contents
The reducer can be excellently used photographically and visually.