TS Optics Stable Off Axis Guider TSOAG16 with only 16 mm length
The TS Off-Axis Guider TSOAG16 is an especially stable off-axis guider for heavy CCD cameras.
The TSOAG16 is a development from Teleskop Service for all astrophotographers who have relatively little space between focuser and camera and use a heavy CCD camera or full-frame DSLR camera. The TSOAG16 offers convincing features.The advantages and features
Connecting to the telescope or the corrector:
- Stable construction: The body, for example, is made of solid, 11 mm thick aluminum - enough space for long threads for reliable clamping.
- Short design: With only 16 mm optical path from the M48 connecting thread to the camera adapter, the off-axis guider is usable with almost all correctors.
- Easy focusing of the autoguider: the lateral T2 connector can be adjusted as well, making possible to focus the autoguider without changing the distance from the main camera to the corrector.
- Three possible positions from the camera to the prism: due to the special design of the connecting adapters three positions of the prism to the camera sensor are possible. This avoids shading by the prism, too.
- Flexible adaption at the camera side with the necessary connecting adapters to T2, M42, M48 and EOS. The adapters extend the length of the off-axis guider only 1 mm.
At the telescope side, the TSOAG16 has a female M48x0.75 thread. This thread allows for a flexible adaption.
How to adapt the imaging camara
- Connection to 2" receptacles: With a 2" extension ring, you can attach the TSOAG16 to any 2" receptacles.
- Connection to correctors with T2 or M48 thread: The TSOAG16 can directly be screwed to correctors with M48 connecting thread. An adapter to T2 allows for attaching to correctors with T2 connection.
- More connection options for example to the M68x1 Zeiss level adapter system.
For a suitable camera connection, you need one of the optional connecting adapters. The adapters are made for the TSOAG16 and match perfectly. They increase the optical length of the OAG only 1 mm.
The adapters are conical, always ensuring the optimal position. At the same time, you can take down the camera without unscrewing it.
Distances to the prism
- TSOAG9-T2: for any other connections via the M42x0.75 / T2 thread
- TSOAG9-M42: the M42x1 connection is used mainly for a short adaption of DSLR cameras.
- TSOAG9-M48: for any other connections via the M48x0.75 / 2" filter thread
- TSOAG9-EOS: allows the direct connection of Canon EOS DSLR cameras.
- Distance from the middle of the prism to the lateral T2 connection: 26 mm to 40 m,adjustable
Distance from the middle of the prism to the front side of the TSOAG16: 9 mm
Distance from the middle of the prism to the camera side of the TSOAG16: 7 mm
- TSOAG16 Off-Axis Guider
- Camera side connectors are not included.
Especially stable off-axis guider for heavy CCD cameras.