TS Optics 3" Wynne Newtonian Coma Corrector with improved illumination
The well-known optics designer Massimo Riccardi has developed further the proven Wynne coma corrector design. The problem of all Wynne correctors is the illumination. Due to the length, the field lens of the corrector vignettes. Thus 3" Wynne correctors even do not achieve 30 mm fully illuminated field at f/4.
The result of this development is the TS 3" Wynne corrector with significantly improved illumination and, at the same time, outstandig sharpness over the field. Thus cameras with full frame format sensors and even large format sensors can be used. Simultaneously, the working distance could be increased to 65 mm. Thus it is possible to use nearly all common CCD and DSLR cameras.An overview of the advantages and features of the TS 3" Wynne corrector
- Through the short construction of only 99 millimeters, the illumination is significantly improved, compared with other 3" Wynne correctors.
- The corrector fits directly to 3" receptacles of focusers - the adaption is very simple.
- The corrector works without changing the focal length.
- The corrector needs a focus position at 165 mm above the tube - that is
less than with all other Wynne correctors and keeps the secondary mirror
- The practical M68 connection thread makes many adaptions possible.
- The corrector is at least equal to conventional long Wynne correctors.
- A high-quality multi-coating is applied to every lens. Even with bright stars, no refections or ghosting will appear.
- The body is CNC machined and offers a neat internal blackening.
- focus position is moved about 17.5mm further out
- Metal dust caps for both ends
3-element coma corrector for Newtonian telescopes from f/3 to f/6 with excellent illumination