TS Optics professional 1.25" L-RGB filter set for astrophotography
With this LRGB filter set, you can take color images of celestial objects with monochrome CCD cameras. This kind of deep-sky photography has a few advantages over the astrophotography with color cameras:
Advantages of the L-RGB filters
- MONO CCD cameras have a higher resolution than color cameras with the same chip. Objects are shown with more details.
- Due to the steep edges of the filters, high quality colour images are possible even close to towns, as the disturbing light pollution is filtered out.
- The sensitivity of a mono CCD camera is higher than the one of a comparable colour camera, so, with these L-RGB filters, dimmer objects are within reach at the same exposure time.
- Usually, the colour brilliance of an L-RGB image is higher than the one of a normal color image, as you can control the colour weighting during image processing.
- With the luminance filter, you can generate a high-resolution luminance image and with the RGB filters you can create a splendid colour image. During image processing, you can mix the resolution of the luminance and the color of the RGB image.
- High transmission and steep edges offer a very high contrast.
- The colour weighting of the filters is well balanced.
- Infrared is cut off by each of the filters, for better sharpness and contrast. Over 92% of the visible light are transmitted
- The surfaces are plane-parallel against unwanted ghost images.
- The surfaces are anti-reflective coated.
- The filters are mounted in high-quality aluminium cells with accurate filter threads.
- The filters are durable through a scratch-resistant coating.
- The TS LRGB filters have an identical thickness to avoid readjusting of the focus.
- 1.25" LRGB filter set
- Protective cases
Four 1.25" filters: luminance, red, green and blue for color images of celestial objects with monochrome CCD cameras