TS 6" f/5 UNC Newtonian Telescope - Carbon Tube - made in Germany
The UNC series from Teleskop Service is THE alternative to Newtonians from far east but also to high-end, high-cost instruments. UNC is a price effective telescope line without compromises. UNC stands for Universal Newtonian Telescope with Carbon tube. Individually optimized, Made in Germany!Transportable all-round telescope
The 6" f/5 UNC Newtonian is a really portable allround telescope for rich-field observations and astrophotography.
Astrophotographers will enjoy this compact and fast optic which can equiped with short 2-element coma correctors.
But the telescope is also very good for visual observing, you will have the impression to work with a color-free 4" apo, but with a brighter image.The advantages
Anti reflex painting for maximized contrast
- High quality carbon fibre tube, individually manufactured in Germany
- Optimized focus position according to customer´s demands for best field illumination
- Secondary mirror cell improved
- Blackened secondary mirror edges
- TS UNCN2 2" Crayford focuser - one of the best systems in its class
- Secondary mounted with correct offset
- Diffraction limited system
For our UNC Newtonians, we use Berger Anti-Reflex paint. As effective as dark black velours foil, it does not gather dust which lands on the mirror and has a weight advantage.Three focus positions possible
For options please consult with our sales department by phone or email
Tel.: 06835 / 923 949 -0 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crayford focuser
- Astrophotography with standard Coma Correctors - 60 mm distance from the 2" connection of the focuser (STANDARD Version)
This version is perfect for nearly all 2" newtonian coma correctors like the Baader MPCC, TS Komakorr, ASA Quattro.... For visual observing, you will need a 35 mm 2" extension tube TSV235.
- Astrophotography with ASA 2" Reducer/Corrector - 90 mm distance from the 2" connection of the focuser
This version is made for the famous ASA Reducer and Corrector. The focal ratio will reduced from f/5 to f/3.8 with really good field correction. This position is also made for the very long GPU corrector.
- Optimized for visual observing and TeleVue Paracorr VIP-2010 - 35 mm distance from the 2" connection of the focuser
This version is perfect for amateur astronomers looking for a telescope for visual observing. For this version a 58 mm secondary mirror can also be chosen.
One crucial part of the TS UNC Newtonians is the TS UNCN2 focuser. Although needing only 50 mm back focus, the focuser accepts heavy cameras without tilting. With this focuser, we have been able to optimize the focus position above the tube for maximum illumination.
- includes precise 1:10 dual speed transmission
- the focuser holds also heavy cameras and acessories
- upgradable with TS motorfocus system- manual use still awailable
- adaption via 65 mm thread for cameras or 2" for eyepieces
The very precisely figured parabolic primary mirror of this telescope is not made of cheap float glass, but rather of BK7 optical glass that is free of internal stress. Thermal properties are generally better than float glass. At the same time the mirror is way more affordable than more exotic primary mirror substrates that in our opinion hardly bring any advantage at all. For easier collimation the mirrors are properly center marked.
You receive an individually in auto collimation tested telescope. UNC
Newtonian telescope are handmade telescope "made in Germany".Delivery contents
- TS UNC Carbon Newtonian telescope with 2" UNCN2 focuser
- Aluminium tube rings with two flat faces
- Vixen level finder shoe
- 8x50 straight finder with bracket
- 1.25" reducer with 2" filter thread
- Instruction manual
The UNC series from Teleskop Service is THE alternative to Newtonians from far east but also to high-end, high-cost instruments