The GPU Aplanatic Newtonian Coma Corrector for Astrophotography
The coma corrector has been designed by Pal Gyulai - GPU Optics - for Newtonian telescopes with a focal ratio of f/4. The result is a high-quality 4-element corrector which offers round stars over the entire image field even with larger camera sensors.
In opposite to 2-element correctors, the stars are not enlarged. Furthermore, the whole construction is designed to be free from reflexes. Even bright stars will be shown without reflexes or ghostings.The Advantages
Optimal working distance
- Very good coma correction for Newtonian telescopes from f/3.5 to f/6.
- No change of the focal length, the focus position also remains the same.
- The corrector can be clamped, but also screwed to the focuser by an optional adapter.
- The GPU corrector offers correction up to full-frame sensors. For perfect illumination, a FLAT is necessary.
The optimal distance depends on the focal length of the Newtonian telescope. With suitable adapters, you can always obtain the ideal distance.
Screwing to the focuser
- Focal length up to 600 mm: working distance 51.50 mm
- Focal length 610-800 mm: working distance 53.50 mm
- Focal length 810-1000 mm: working distance 55 mm
- Focal length 1010 mm: working distance 54.50 mm
With the optional adapter TSO-TSGPU-M68, you can thread the GPU directly into the focuser. The connecting thread is the Zeiss level M68 thread which can be used with many focusers like Moonlite 2,5" or, via adapter, with the Starlight Feather Touch.
By the threaded connection, you gain stability and also accuracy. The image is improved and heavy cameras can be used, too.Delivery contents
- GPU coma corrector
- Dust caps
Perfectly suitable for Newtonians with focal ratios of f/4, very good results also from f/3.5-f/6