The compact and transportable astrograph can still be carried by moderately sized mounts like the Skywatcher EQ6 or Celestron CGEM. The N-AG8 is an interesting telescope for astrophotographers who want to use a CCD camera or a DSLR camera with large sensors. Like the larger models, the compact N-AG8 also offers a fully corrected and illuminated image field of 54mm diameter. The N-AG telescopes were developed based on the proven ONTC series. The aim was to develop a telescope for demanding astrophotographers. With the N-AG telescope series, this aim is achieved. Convince yourself!
Every N-AG astrograph is made to use cameras with large sensors. However, you will see vignetting when using SLR cameras. This comes from the body of the camera or from the adaption via M48. By using flats, you can eliminate this vignetting. Full-frame CCD cameras are not affected by it, as the distance to the sensor is bigger and the cameras usually have a larger connection thread. For the ONTC Newtonians and also the N-AG astrographs, Berger Antireflexfarbe is used. It darkens the inner wall of the tube as well as velours. Besides the lower weight, the main advantage is that the paint almost does not attract dust. The optics stay clean. With velours, dust quickly accumulates at the main mirror. The N-AG astrograph offers a generous working distance of 69.3mm from the M68x1 connecting thread.
- High-quality carbon fiber tube made in Germany - manufactured as carbon fiber hard foam sandwich for optimal stiffness at low weight. The telescope obtains its optimal temperature properties from the. In case of medium temperature changes, refocusing is not necessary anymore
- Primary and secondary mirror cell were also made in Germany. The entire collimation of the telescope can be done without tools
- Probably the best focuser for Newtonian telescopes - Starlight Feather Touch TRUE-3.0" dual-speed focuser - this focuser clamps 3" accessories together like screwed
- 3" coma corrector with the best illumination of all 3" correctors - suitable for all common sensors, perfectly suitable for high-resolution sensors to large format sensors. The adaption to the M68x1 Zeiss style adapter thread is included
- High-quality primary and secondary mirror for maximum sharpness. After assembling, every N-AG is checked on the optical bench. A production journal is included with every telescope
- The edge of the secondary is blackened for preventing stray light and reflexes
- CNC machined metal tube rings for best stability and elegant design. Mounting to dovetail bars is done via female M6 threads
- Like the ONTC telescoeps, the N-AG astrographs also offer two further focus positions for all common 2" and 3" correctors.
- 8" f/4.56 OTA
- N-AGK3 corrector
- Starlight True 3" Feather Touch focuser with 3" clamping
- Reduction from 3" to 2"
- CNC tube rings
- 8x50 finder, straight view
- Dust cap for the front side
- M68 connection
- Collimation manual and manufacturing protocol
The N-AG astrograph is a fully equipped telescope for astrophotography without compromises